18 years ago - Live Birth Thread on TBH [emoji23]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 years ago - Live Birth Thread on TBH [emoji23]

18 years ago today …. I had a live thread going on tbh of my daughters birth and things quickly went south. She was rushed by kangaroo care team to Texas Childrens where spent the next several weeks making a miraculous recovery after being told going ECMO and to call our family in to say goodbye. I tell her all the time she is special cause God himself reached down and touched her ….. FF to 18 years later and here we are. Went from special Ed - legally deaf with cochlear implant, to regular classes to now announced 2022 Valedictorian ( her brother was in 2019) She is committed and going to pitch at nationally ranked and 8 time back to back conference champion Texas Lutheran [emoji3040]. She will study to be a Physical Therapist while attending there. Trey has one more year at Howard Payne and pitches there too ⚾️going to be busy next ball season trying to catch games for each Both are great kids who have been making great decisions thus far!

Why am I posting this here …… to brag a little [emoji23]and mainly update and thank again the hundreds of people that were praying and reached out to us during this difficult time , many added her to church pray boards and sent us bulletins etc [emoji120]. My wife never griped again about me being on the “green screen”. Well she is now cause wants to go eat [emoji3526]

Happy Birthday Kate !!!

She was recently named classroom champion on KBTX in college station - a TBH’r messaged me and gave me heads up it was on that night. We didn’t even know

News 3 Sports would like to congratulate our latest Classroom Champion, Katelyn Howard. The Hempstead High School Senior has a 4.09 GPA and ranks 1st in her class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a beautiful young lady and great story. You go ahead and brag and brag ALOT sir. You have every right in the world to do so. Congrats to her for her tremendous achievements.

Comment

My goodness what an amazing testimony and an amazing young lady

Comment

It dates my time here, but I remember that day.

She has grown into a beautiful young woman, and to have TWO valedictorians as kids, you and the Mrs. might need to have those smiles surgically removed!

Congrats to all of you!

Comment

And you misspelled her name on the thread title![emoji23][emoji23]

Good call shortening to Kate.

Comment

This is an amazing story. Congratulations!!!

Comment

Haaa. We’re getting old. I remember this and you sausage making video that I still have saved.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                My goodness what an amazing testimony and an amazing young lady
                Another "Texas Angle"....
                Take a bough, mom and dad...You earned it...!!
                dang allergies......

Comment

Brag away sir. You deserve it. Congrats to all and good luck to her!

Comment

That is definitely worth bragging about! God is good!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      And you misspelled her name on the thread title![emoji23][emoji23]

Good call shortening to Kate.

Well you know….. [emoji23]. Was probably first time I ever wrote it out and wife made that call on spelling .

I printed the entire thread - pages and pages and pages and have it in a memory book [emoji3590]

Comment

Amazing story.

Wife and I have a close neighbor from Lubbock that their middle daughter is going to TL to play soccer this coming Fall Semester. Congrats to you, your wife, family and especially your daughter!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                          What a beautiful young lady and great story. You go ahead and brag and brag ALOT sir. You have every right in the world to do so. Congrats to her for her tremendous achievements.
                          I can’t say it any better than this^^^^^^^

Comment

Lean over a little and I'll pat you (and your wife) on the back. Yours has been an incredible journey and is due some congratulations!!!

Comment

God bless her and your family JT. I remember it all. Amazing young lady for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X