Wood County Rifle Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood County Rifle Buck

Finally filled my buck tag in Wood county this year. Hadn't seen any mature bucks all season. My trail cam caught one picture of this buck thanksgiving night but the pic didn't really show how good of a deer he was.

I hunted the following day and saw the same does as usual. Fast forward to last Friday I show up and can't wait to hunt only to find the feeder battery dead and not many pics on the camera. Get the feeder working, but as expected that evening the only deer I see are eating the winter pasture 400+ yards away. Saturday was rainy all day and the deer movement was weak at best. Sunday morning I decided to take my 8 year old son on a little timber hunt so he could try and get his first greenhead. The hunt turned out to be a success and my weekend was made-

After the duck hunt Sunday we celebrated an early Christmas with the family which made me extremely late getting to the deer stand right at 5:10 pm. Once again I hadn't seen a thing until right at last shooting light a single doe starting easing across the coastal pasture headed towards the feeder. Not 5 minutes later he stepped out 30 yds from my stand and started to trot her way. At about 100 yds out he stopped to look back and I busted him. Was really surprised when I got up to him and could tell just how many points he had. Needless to say I was very happy!

Sweet buck congrats

Comment

Wow great buck.congrats to you and your son

Comment

Very nice...Congrats.

Comment

Great deer Justin! Congrats on him and the greenheads with the boy! Raisin' em right!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

You and your son did good! Pretty ducks and buck.

Comment

Awesome buck!! Congrats!

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Nice congrats

Comment

Great buck

Comment

Heck of a deer. Congrats

Comment

Nice buck