2011 Hunting Season Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Hunting Season Survey

Im curious if the economy and gas prices are going to have an impact on your upcoming hunting season. Will it cause you to hunt closer to home, fewer trips, not getting back on the lease etc.
    I hate to say it but it will impact my hunting season by making fewer trips and spending less money this year on hunting.

I currently live about 70 from my lease and will soon be moving to around 500 miles from my lease. I will definately take less trips, but I will go for a week at a time. There's a few of the lease that live down south and we will carpool to save money on gas.

Comment

I got on with my buddies father in law so when we go with him free GAS!!! Got to play it smart haha. Its the dang corn and stuff that hurts more than gas i think.

Comment

We got on a lease 150 miles closer to home.

Comment

Heck ya it'll affect it! I'm only taking 2 trips this year instead of my usual 4 or 5 and didn't even bother putting in for elk, deer, or antelope tags. No reason to spend the money on the tag if you don't have anywhere to go!

Comment

Still going to go just not as much.

Comment

still have the same lease 7 hours from the house.. the good thing is there isnt much to do there during the summer time so i can save my money till it gets closer to hunting season. might make one trip in july to start feeding and check on a few thing but that about it..

Comment

Not sure how much it will slow us down as far as going. The price of corn will definitely make me turn the feeders down though.

Comment

Originally posted by prkchp View Post
                  Not sure how much it will slow us down as far as going. The price of corn will definitely make me turn the feeders down though.
                  Just save me something to shoot

Comment

Nope, I'll just be driving my company car vs my diesel truck most of the time.

Comment

Not going to slow me down like last year (I got me a small truck now) the trip would take 125.00 for the weekend in my gas hog of a Dodge and I only hunt down the road from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
                        Just save me something to shoot
                        Will do....

Comment

do you think lease prices will go down if demand is down? i can see many people backing out or not being able to come up with their money

Comment

Originally posted by sticks View Post
                            do you think lease prices will go down if demand is down? i can see many people backing out or not being able to come up with their money
                            Im not sure, I know a lot of guys are looking to fill spots and having trouble doing it, I guess time will tell.

Comment

No doubt that gas and corn prices are having an impact on how I am approaching hunting. I will probably make less trips during the off-season and will probably stay home a few weekends more during the season. (which will be hard to do since I make almost every weekend usually) We all need to remember this when we go to the ballot box by researching the people we vote for. It is extremely important.

Comment

Working...
                              X