No announcement yet.

2011 Hunting Season Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say yes it will effect me. I am currently trying to get on a lease accross the street from my inlaws since we spend most weekend with them.

Comment

my lease is 384 miles away but I am one of the lucky few! My company pays for all of my fuel use The corn on the other hand is a big killer! Spent $350 and only filled up half of my feeders but I dont turn them down either with this bad drought we are in...

Comment

i will probably fly to Kansas this nov instead of driving. airfare from aus>mci is 200 tax included right now. but the gas price wont keep me from going to east and south Texas just as much as i did last year.

Comment

I am going to hun just as much this year as last. Going to look at a lease next weekend MLD 3, which will hopefully save me from spending so much on dayleasing. Going to try and take one really cool trip this year also. I did however cut my lease search down to places with in a half tank of gas in my pick up from house, so about 200 miles.

Comment

yep, i have been looking for a lease, and was tempted to go ahead and jump on one since I got Ft Hood. But with fuel prices and the fact that I dont get to Hood untill November 10th i decided against it. So I will prolly just be hunting on hood or doing my normal thing and duck hunt every weekend.

Comment

I may make s few fewer trips, but not much. May try to go for 3 days as apposed to two. But, with my 10 year old in soccer(i coach), it is hard to get away early. Guess I will mainly just GRIN & BEAR IT.

Comment

wont affect me I live to hunt and will save money in other places

Comment

For me, being single all I spend my small amount of income on is hunting and fishing. That and my lease is only 35 miles from home (8 as a crow flies) it will not hit me that bad. Fishing would have been hit a lot more, but my new optimax gets way better fuel mileage than my ole Johnson carb motor ever dreamed of. Now if I could just get serious about fishing again, just cant get into it, spend my time thinking about hunting

Comment

I got a Old Friend on My Lease in Sonora and we are both on another lease in Quanah so we will be splitting Gas every weekend..Gonna actually be cheaper this year than last year so we are going to go almost every weekend from Mid-Oct thru Jan...I am Pumped...Corn will hurt a little tho.

Comment

Probably make me less selective in what I shoot and make me go ahead and fill my tags as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

Comment

Less trips and longer stays with a 5 hour drive. Of course we average 10/12 - 3 day trips a season so I'm not sure how many consider 6-7 trips a cut back...

We will definitely start our corn later and will be arranging to have our cards checked by a local lease member when he is there this late summer and fall so we don't have to drive 10 hours to check cameras. We'll make it worth his while though.

Comment

I gave the accountant at work $300 to day trade for me. Our boss had him set up the account and told us we could put as much as we want in. So I will figure how much I will have in September. He has it up o $450 in a month so I might be going to Missouri and Colorado if I am lucky.

I drop by his office every few days and tell him "Daddy needs a new elk tag"

Comment

won't affect hunting, but the offseason trips to the lease will be down...

Comment

Probably gonna hunt more , got on a new lease 5&1/2 hours from home . Plus Colorado & hopefully New Mexico

Comment

Went from 5.5 hours to 25 minutes. Yes it's east Texas but I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X