It is HELL getting OLD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post

At my annual check up last week, the "20 something" doc's assistant asked if I'd had any falls lately. Kind of ****** me off that she asked that. I'm not THAT old.
    I chuckled at this. Super funny....but I definitely won't find it amusing when I get asked this

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
      "If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care of myself"!!
      Youth is wasted on the young!

Comment

Yep, it takes a lot of work to maintain quality of life as we mature. 67 years and battling, but the issues keep adding up.

Hogboy

Comment

I know those lyrics

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
          I’m not as good as I once was…
          But I am as good ONCE as I ever was!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
            I chuckled at this. Super funny....but I definitely won't find it amusing when I get asked this
            105 baby!

Comment

My main gripe right(68.5) now is it takes a 6 iron for what was a 7 iron. So, I guess I'm lucky.

Comment

Oct 19th, 1989 I had my first heart attack. I was only 43 at the time. 3 more since then. Last one was 2013. Two stints and medicine every day for the rest of my life. Been shot twice, malaria 3 times, appendix ruptured and a few other maladies. Worst of all I have survived two colonoscopies and still kept my manhood. So all you young whipper snappers stop complaining. I'm a 1946 model war baby. Been a fun ride so far. Especially since I got the speed limiter on my truck raised to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Oct 19th, 1989 I had my first heart attack. I was only 43 at the time. 3 more since then. Last one was 2013. Two stints and medicine every day for the rest of my life. Been shot twice, malaria 3 times, appendix ruptured and a few other maladies. Worst of all I have survived two colonoscopies and still kept my manhood. So all you young whipper snappers stop complaining. I'm a 1946 model war baby. Been a fun ride so far. Especially since I got the speed limiter on my truck raised to 140.

Kinda hard to follow that one!

At a recent hotel stay, I'm headed to fourth floor the door opened on the 3rd and I proceeded to leave as a lady was getting on. I noticed it was the wrong floor and did an about face and got back on. I mentioned I could see myself swiping my card at the wrong door and wondering why it didn't work- Lady replies- "I just did that very thing".
                  and followed it with
                  "they call them the golden years, but it's a lie, they ain't so golden".

Comment

At 69 next month, i get ask everytime I check in to a Doc office they ask if I have fallen lately. Guess this is normal now for us old farts!

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                      At 62, here's my list of surgieries and issues:
                      - Tonsiles out
                      - Appendix out
                      - Gall bladder out
                      - Right knee ACL surgury
                      - Coke bottle glasses
                      - Liver transplant
                      - Ears ring all the time. Can't hear an armadillio at 10-yards!
                      - Arthritis getting started in both hands.
                      - Cholesterol, blood sugar, and triglecerides are all high.

At my annual check up last week, the "20 something" doc's assistant asked if I'd had any falls lately. Kind of ****** me off that she asked that. I'm not THAT old.

Fortiunatley I'm still as hunky and handsome as ever.
                      "Fortiunatley I'm still as hunky and handsome as ever." That's all the girls care about anyway

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm a youngster retiree compared to this crowd! Retired Mar. 1,2022 at 59 1/2
                          Still can do the same things, just takes me 2 days to recover!

Comment

Yes, to the OP statement. Going to be 82 in July. Still can do things I did 20 years back, but first I think about it, plan how to do it, then it take 2-3 days to complete it. But life is good and I thank God every day for keeping me for that day.

Comment

I’m right there with ya brother. I was so proud of myself when I turned 60, no health problems. Not on any meds. Heck, just about everyone I knew, and most of them younger than me, was taking something to stay alive. I though I was doing pretty great and definitely blessed. Then I hit 62 and everything went to crap. Now I’m 65 and taking several meds and supplements to keep me alive just a little longer and the ailments just keep stacking up.
                              Getting old ain’t for sissies.

Comment

Getting old wasn't too bad. Getting OLDER is going to be quite a bit more demanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X