Need help-solar flagpole lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help-solar flagpole lighting

I just put up a 30' flagpole, and now I need to light it.

I'm not a fan of the top down lights, and I'm planning to put lights around the bottom of the flagpole. Running electrical to this location is a last resort. Does anyone know of a solar option that will light a flag 30' in the air?

Everything I've seen just measures lumens. I need to find something that focuses the light enough to reach. And will last through the night

Originally posted by Craw3773 View Post
    I just put up a 30' flagpole, and now I need to light it.

I'm not a fan of the top down lights, and I'm planning to put lights around the bottom of the flagpole. Running electrical to this location is a last resort. Does anyone know of a solar option that will light a flag 30' in the air?

Everything I've seen just measures lumens. I need to find something that focuses the light enough to reach. And will last through the night

I think you are going to have a tough time finding that in solar. You have to draw enough energy to throw a beam that far and have enough spread to light them up. Small solar lights just aren’t there.

You may can rig up a remote battery box and solar panel and find some 12v powered lights and do it that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I know for a fact our (Sniper Hog Lights) Exterminator 3 feeder light would easily light it up even from much further away but it’s overkill for a flagpole light and more expensive then what you would need. Our exterminator 3 feeder light has 3 light heads on it and they are adjustable and focusable so you could aim 1 head at the flag and the other two heads you could aim at other areas to light up like a walkway. Also, unlike pretty much all the other solar lights out there, ours will still run all night even after several days in a row of cloudy weather.

Comment

I just met with a landscaper the other day who suggested I may want to light several 30’ pecan trees I have in my back yard. Since they are in a flood plain, I told him I did not want electricity down there. When he mentioned solar lights, I questioned whether or not one existed that could light a 30’ tree from the bottom up. “Oh, sure,” was his reply.

While I have no other information other than what I’ve just told you, what i can say is that I’m currently waiting on him to submit a design for consideration. Once I have this in hand, I can ask him for the specs of the lights he is suggesting and will pass them along to you if nothing else has been forthcoming before then.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
          I know for a fact our (Sniper Hog Lights) Exterminator 3 feeder light would easily light it up even from much further away but it’s overkill for a flagpole light and more expensive then what you would need. Our exterminator 3 feeder light has 3 light heads on it and they are adjustable and focusable so you could aim 1 head at the flag and the other two heads you could aim at other areas to light up like a walkway. Also, unlike pretty much all the other solar lights out there, ours will still run all night even after several days in a row of cloudy weather.
          Ordered one to do the same thing. I’ll post pics once installed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            I just met with a landscaper the other day who suggested I may want to light several 30’ pecan trees I have in my back yard. Since they are in a flood plain, I told him I did not want electricity down there. When he mentioned solar lights, I questioned whether or not one existed that could light a 30’ tree from the bottom up. “Oh, sure,” was his reply.

While I have no other information other than what I’ve just told you, what i can say is that I’m currently waiting on him to submit a design for consideration. Once I have this in hand, I can ask him for the specs of the lights he is suggesting and will pass them along to you if nothing else has been forthcoming before then.
            I appreciate it. I'm interested to see what he has.

Comment

Checking them out now. I knew ol' TBH would have a few creative solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
                Ordered one to do the same thing. I’ll post pics once installed.
                Thank you. We refunded you $39.00 as we give 10% off to TBH members. Your order will ship today and you should receive it tomorrow.

If anyone else would like to order and get 10% off, shoot me a PM for the 10% off coupon code.

Comment

Thank you. We refunded you $39.00 as we give 10% off to TBH members. Your order will ship today and you should receive it tomorrow.

If anyone else would like to order and get 10% off, shoot me a PM for the 10% off coupon code.
                  Thank you sir.

Comment

dumb question: the user has the option to have a regular, white light if needed? That is good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                      dumb question: the user has the option to have a regular, white light if needed? That is good to know!
                      When ordering the Feeder light, you have a choice of what color you want it to shine and the color choices are White, Red, Green and InfraRed. You can also choose additional colors if you want so you can change the color it shines. To change the color you simply unscrew the head of the light, then unscrew the LED module, screw in new LED module color and screw the head back on. No tools are needed to change the LED modules colors.

Comment

Ok, so if I buy this exterminator III light, I'll have 300 lumens full time correct? Does that automatically come on in the evening? Or will I use the remote each night to turn it on?

Comment

Gave up on solar lights for our flag pole. Went with a 12v light from amazon. It works great. It was these https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07M5QJM...lig_dp_it&th=1

Comment

Tagged. I need a good solution but my flagpole will only be 16’ tall.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                              Gave up on solar lights for our flag pole. Went with a 12v light from amazon. It works great. It was these https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07M5QJM...lig_dp_it&th=1
                              I'm assuming you used a 12v battery? What did you use, and how are you charging it?

Comment

Working...
                              X