• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went through a ar15 rifle school and all we ran was mobil1

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
      Lucas gun oil is what I've been using.
      I bought my first (and only) ar a few years ago and got the Lucas bc it is supposed to be high heat resistant.
      I haven't shot the gun to a temp to break down ANY oil, so far.
      I may have put a 30rd mag thru it a few times, but that's it.

Comment

I use Mobile 1 5/20. Found a quart on close out at Tractor Supply. It will last a lifetime.

Comment

CLP it was good enough for the Marine Corp when I was in so that's all I use on all my weapons.

Comment

Mobil 1, have new oil drippings from numerous oil changes and will never have to buy "gun" oil again. It's a "multi-viscosity" blend.

Stu

Comment

I saved this thread. Lot's of good info here.

Comment

Red and tacky mixed with 10w30. Mix till the point of a honey consistency. Learned it from SOTAR on YouTube. I don’t lube nearly as much as he does but it’s cheap, lasts a long time…and stays put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jared07 View Post
                  Red and tacky mixed with 10w30. Mix till the point of a honey consistency. Learned it from SOTAR on YouTube. I don’t lube nearly as much as he does but it’s cheap, lasts a long time…and stays put.

Reading this post and watching the video makes me wonder if I was under lubing my AR , I used fluid film on mine then lightly sopped up the extra because if a didn’t it would cake up with dirt
                  And I started keeping it in a soft case driving around daily
                  Axle grease wow

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                    Reading this post and watching the video makes me wonder if I was under lubing my AR , I used fluid film on mine then lightly sopped up the extra because if a didn’t it would cake up with dirt
                    And I started keeping it in a soft case driving around daily
                    Axle grease wow

I’ve started doing this method and I can feel it’s much smoother. CLP doesn’t last…I don’t do nearly as much as him…just a light film.

Comment

Sentry solutions tuf glide !
                      I run 99.99% suppressed so this allows me to run dry with a slick teflon like coating... wet just gunks it up too quick..

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        Sentry solutions tuf glide !
                        I run 99.99% suppressed so this allows me to run dry with a slick teflon like coating... wet just gunks it up too quick..
                        That’s why I got rid of my ar dirt and grim , so when I saw all the talk about Moter oil and axle grease I was curious and was WTH

Comment

2 stroke motor oil

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            2 stroke motor oil
                            wet clutch ?

Comment

I will say. Wetter is better for sure here.

I have jacked with this gun off and on for a year. I have polished the inside, removed every bur etc.

I bought the amazon's
                              Gun Oil, Firearms & Weapons Oil, Lubricant, Protectant. Extreme Force Weapon’s Lube
                              Brand: Advanced Weapons Technology Extreme Force

same day delivery and who could go wrong with 4k+ positive amazon reviews...

this gun feeds like a champ now. no issues at all.

wetter is better

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                                I will say. Wetter is better for sure here.

I have jacked with this gun off and on for a year. I have polished the inside, removed every bur etc.

I bought the amazon's
                                Gun Oil, Firearms & Weapons Oil, Lubricant, Protectant. Extreme Force Weapon’s Lube
                                Brand: Advanced Weapons Technology Extreme Force

same day delivery and who could go wrong with 4k+ positive amazon reviews...

this gun feeds like a champ now. no issues at all.

wetter is better

What issues were you having?

Comment

Working...
                                X