Consistency help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consistency help

I have a Mission Eliminator 2 by Matthews, and I just can't seem to get consistent shot after shot. I have had to change the poundage from 70 down to 55 due to shoulder injuries over the years, and i believe the draw length is maxed out. I had it paper tuned last summer because I could see my arrows flying sideways, but even after the adjustment I was not confident enough to try to harvest an animal. I try to put my trigger on the same way, anchor to the same point, but there is something I am NOT doing right. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I want to be out there in October next year.

My guess after struggling with this is probably two things.

Draw length is not correct.
    Anchor point consistency.

Go to Texas Archery in Spring, it’s a bit if a drive but will be worth it I think. Have them check your DL and go through your bow to make sure it’s in spec and tuned properly.

If DL gets fixed and your string touches the corner of your mouth and tip of nose each time then your anchor point is fixed and you should see an improvement in consistency.

Comment

Could be form as well.

For me. When I start shooting off it's 2 things.
      Anchor point. It's gotten better with my new bow. I have the correct draw length now

Mainly tho it's form.
      I have a habit of bringing my face to the bow and not the bow to my face.

In another way of looking at it.
      I'll draw the bow than I'll lean my head forward to the bow, that causes my shoulders to droop down, making my shooting position less stable.

I've been working on standing ramrod straight and than drawing the bow and bringing it to my face

Comment

Grip, get a kisser or a nose button

I struggle with my grip

Comment

You need to have someone film you from the side. Are you holding the shot all the way through to target? Are you punching the trigger or dropping your arm after you touch the release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of things it could be. Of course, consistency is key. A few from the list of possibilities you've likely already checked:
            - Arrow concistency. Number your arrows and see if it's the same 1 or 2 arrows going crazy all the time.
            - Spray your rig with foot power or dry shampoo. Make sure there is no arrow contact that is throwing them off ramdomly.

Comment

Be conscious of your grip and torquing

Comment

I always tie a small homemade kisser button on my string with either dental floss or some serving thread. It helped my consistency greatly

Comment

Working...
                X