Covert cell camera problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert cell camera problems

We have 5 covert cellular cameras we run on our place. We put 4 of them back out a month ago and 3 of the worked perfect, 4th one had brand new batteries like the rest but will only show 50% battery life and drains dead with in a week. Now about a week ago they all quit working. Wen down and changed the batteries as all said low battery. Formatted as cards and got the 5th one out. The one still only showed 50% battery and died with in 3 days. Another one that was working great took one pic of me walking away and nothing since. The one we just got going won’t connect to the signal. Needless to say I am getting a little frustrated, these cameras are all 1 year old. Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of setup are you running? Solar panel? Extended range antennas?

Comment

We seem to be having the same problems with several we are running. We did the same things you did, formatted new SD cards, reset and after a few pictures it shows 30% battery life and stops sending. We can’t figure it out either. We are running solar 6V panels with rechargeable batteries. They all worked good up u til the last two weeks.

Comment

We were gonna setup solar but due to Covid the adapter is on back order so just running double A. Normal antennas as we get great service on our place and it has never been and issue

Comment

What type of sd cards you running? Need class 10

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            What type of sd cards you running? Need class 10
            What he said on the SD card.

I highly recommend this solar panel...no batteries required.

Still maybe a card or camera issue...but at minimum ditch the batteries forever.
            Attached Files

Comment

I run 3 cameras. I use pro eneloop batteries with the Covert solar panel, never have had any problems. One has been in the field for 2 years straight with no issues

Comment

Batteries aren’t issue, even with brand new batteries it only shows 50%.
                Other issue with camera isn’t getting a signal, this has never been an issue and some of the cameras are working right now.

Comment

Gotcha...good luck and hope you can resolve it

Comment

I had to send 2 back. One wouldn't even turn on the other quit about 3 weeks later. So far so good with the new ones.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X