No announcement yet.

Chevrolet 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are stout.. but they are kinda of a slug with loads over 7000lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by efaurie View Post
      They are stout.. but they are kinda of a slug with loads over 7000lbs.
      Yeah mine is a slug when I tie on to a 24ft gooseneck and a skid steer with tracks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure it has 4.10 rear end gear ratio. We have had a few, and still have one with 3.73 gears, and its a dog! With the 4.10s it is a decent pulling truck. Its a solid engine for sure. Gas mileage is bad either way so please trust me in saying DONT get 3.73s! The one we have now with 3.73s will down shift on an overpass with a headwind and no load in the bed or trailer, its pathetic. Try Moritz, I live 4 hours away and bought my Duramax from Tony G. At Moritz, he is straight forward and had a better price than I could find in Houston

Comment

I will be the negative one my 2009 gmc 6.0 is currently in the shop has 73,000 miles on it bent a valve on cylinder 4 and cylinder 5 the heads have already been worked once I bought it with 23,000 miles on it unaware of the issues. Other than that it's been great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 6.2 in a half-ton Chevy with 132K miles. It's been fantastic so far. I know this isn't the exact engine you asked about, but I believe they're similar.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
              I buy out of town you can't buying anything in midland haha
              I never tried so hard in my life to spend money. I bought two vehicles two weeks ago and Ford Toyota and Chevrolet in Midland and Odessa made me feel like I was wasting their time.
              I take that back Ford in Odessa was willing to deal but still found a better deal in granbury on Ford I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                Make sure it has 4.10 rear end gear ratio. We have had a few, and still have one with 3.73 gears, and its a dog! With the 4.10s it is a decent pulling truck. Its a solid engine for sure. Gas mileage is bad either way so please trust me in saying DONT get 3.73s! The one we have now with 3.73s will down shift on an overpass with a headwind and no load in the bed or trailer, its pathetic. Try Moritz, I live 4 hours away and bought my Duramax from Tony G. At Moritz, he is straight forward and had a better price than I could find in Houston
                7M STW
                Give me a call lets talk about the truck your looking for. I can deliver to your front door in Midland free of charge.
                We just became a sponsor on this site yesterday. See my previous post.
                My phone is 817-320-7336 you can call me anytime.
                Tony Gutierrez Moritz Outdoors

Comment

My dad is on his second 6.0, both with 3.73s. 28 foot bumper pull with 2 slides to a 48hp 4x4 john deere with mower and front end loader without an issue. Ive drove them with both loads as well. They pull fine for a gas motor. The 2012 was traded at 100k for the 16 without an issue. He gets 16 or 17 empty and about 10-12 pulling the tractor.

Wifes 1500 high country has the 6.2 with 3.73. It runs circles around the 3/4 ton. Matter of fact I don't know how she hasn't gotten a ticket in it yet

Comment

Any more comments on this? I'm also about to pull the trigger on one and am curious about more opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
                      Any more comments on this? I'm also about to pull the trigger on one and am curious about more opinions.
                      X2

Comment

I'm on my second one. Had a 2000 model. Sold it to my dad and she is his "work" truck now. Has 200+ on her and still runs great. Nothing major ever done to her just routine maintenance. Have a 2011 now with 88k and runs like a top. They have never not pulled anything I asked them to. My next truck was gonna be a 6.7 ford diesel but I've since changed my mind. The cost of maintenance and when something breaks the cost of repair. It just doesn't balance out for my needs. I will be purchasing another 6.0 gas.

Comment

I believe POCO will give good reviews on the 6.0 Chevy. Just ask him about his 08'(400k). At work we had a 6.0 in a 1 ton and it was junk. I am a Ford 6.2 fan though. What ever brand 3/4 ton gasser you go with, appreciate double digit MPG's. If you haul more than 15k on average, get 4.10's or 4.30 gears in the axle. If not, the 3.73's are way to go.

Comment

2002 1500 HD with 6.0.
                            270,000 miles and has never missed beat. No longer my daily drive. Use it to haul steers and go to the deer lease. She may just run forever.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                              I believe POCO will give good reviews on the 6.0 Chevy. Just ask him about his 08'(400k). At work we had a 6.0 in a 1 ton and it was junk. I am a Ford 6.2 fan though. What ever brand 3/4 ton gasser you go with, appreciate double digit MPG's. If you haul more than 15k on average, get 4.10's or 4.30 gears in the axle. If not, the 3.73's are way to go.
                              Wonder how easy the gears are to change out. With all the computer crap on the truck these days? The one I have my eye on has a 4.10 and I don't haul that much weight.

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
                                Wonder how easy the gears are to change out. With all the computer crap on the truck these days? The one I have my eye on has a 4.10 and I don't haul that much weight.
                                6.0 will run better empty with a 4.10 than a taller gear why they come with anything else is beyond me... But, $1500 or so to regear front and rear.

Comment

Working...
                                X