Blood trails in the dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood trails in the dark

Ok, have only shot one deer in my life and to find it in the dark we used a Coleman lantern. The blood trail did glow and we found the deer.

Where I'm hunting now, carrying a Coleman would be a pain in the but. Its a 30 minute walk from where I have to park, so leaving it in the truck and get it when its needed would be a real pain.

With that being said, I was curious what else folks use, and if anyone has had luck with the Primos Bloodhunter?

A good, BRIGHT flashlight is best, IMO.

Comment

i agree with Shane

Comment

Those blood lights are a joke and waste of money!

Get a good flashlight.

Colmons are still the best tracking light made IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          A good, BRIGHT flashlight is best, IMO.
          This, plus one that has a long battery life, or your gonna have to carry spares

Comment

Coleman still the best.

Comment

Just use a good bright LED light. For the money I really like the Coleman Extreme or the Maglight LEDs

Comment

I use SureFire and Streamlight flashlights and can honestly track better at night than daylight. Get a bright WHITE light. None of that blueish cheap led stuff that makes shadows on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by avidhunter75 View Post

This, plus one that has a long battery life, or your gonna have to carry spares
                  X2 especially when the blood is few and far between trying to find every speck on your hands and knees...

Comment

Best light I've seen for tracking is a portable flashlight with a 6" fluorescent bulb. There just is no better. Trouble is, hardly anyone makes them anymore.

Comment

i use this one and like it but i have three other ones in my back pack as well
                      led/flourescent/xenon
                      i like having all of them
                      cons-heavy backpack

Comment

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
                        Best light I've seen for tracking is a portable flashlight with a 6" fluorescent bulb. There just is no better. Trouble is, hardly anyone makes them anymore.
                        im interested in the flourescent light. i googled for some and couldnt find one. what brand do you use

Comment

I love my Streamlight Strion LED.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinpigs View Post
                            im interested in the flourescent light. i googled for some and couldnt find one. what brand do you use
                            Me too, would something like this work?

Comment

Coleman lantern is still best tracking light I ever used it's just too big and bulky.

Comment

Working...
                              X