??? On Night time kill zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to set up a night time swine kill zone. I would like to hear from those that have a set up with lighting, what you like and or would do different.
    I have seen a tv show that had green pole lights mounted around the feeder, seems like it would be easier to mount on top of the feeder.
    Any thoughts and ideas appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bert

Budget? If your good dropping some coin yet the exterminator from sniper hog lights.

Otherwise, get a light that acts as your stabilizer from sniper hog lights

Comment

I’ve hunted a lot of lighted set ups. The best ones were where the lights were away from the feeder and shining on your target(it’s almost not fair lol) vs. under a feeder and shooting at a silhouette.

Someone has already mentioned the Exterminator. They’re fantastic.

Comment

I have the wildlife technologys and the ASF green lights mounted on a pole pointed at feeder they work well. Work real well with a cell camera to tell you when they are there.

Comment

You can do it a lot of ways. Now I can save you a lot of trial and error. It’s a buy once cry once solution. Instead of buying 2 or 3 different products trying to get more light or different features or you have to have multiple units to cover the area … buy a Sniper Exterminator and be done with it. You can light up a huge area and you can do it from 20 yards to 100 yards. The remote is good for over 100 yards. It will run 24-7-365 without resorting to motion and getting brighter and dimmer. So you can spend the same money on cheap stuff and replace it and upgrade it a few times or just buy it and be happy long term. I take my night hog hunting serious, maybe overly so, but I don’t think there is a better solution out there. 25 stalks and dead pigs in the last 2 years just sneaking up behind light and shooting. It’s expensive, but it works. If you want to DIY I highly suggest setting it up the same way they do. Away from feeder and elevated is only way to go. Yes the from the top ones technically work, but you can also ride a bike from here to LA technically. On a pole 20 yards away from a spot you can sneak up behind. The nthrow a cell camera on the pole…. It’s magic and a lot of fun.

I’m a tad behind, need to add 6 more I think here:

And last year:
          2020 has been an odd year, but it has been fantastic for taking pigs at night with a bow!
          Last edited by Loneaggie; 11-05-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

A few pics I’ve snapped this past year of my setup at night. I keep it set on low, but when stalking I punch it up to high before I shoot.

That’s from one exterminator unit setup about 17 yards from feeder.

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s input, unfortunately the sniper is out of stock

Comment

Anyone have any redneck engineering ideas?

Comment

We use regular white lights that are motion activated and run off of a battery on a solar panel. on Poles shining toward feeder. Believe it or not they don't seem to be bothered by the white lights. Might have more of a showing with red or green.

Comment

I do a lot of night time hog hunting with a bow. The feeders have Elusive Wildlife feeder lights and work really well. Shot dozens of hogs under them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                      Exterminator III feeder light is the brightest and most advanced feeder light on the market. Capable of lighting up a feeder from 300 yards away from the light.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                        The Exterminator II is out of stock because it's been Discontinued. The Exterminator 3 is in stock and it's $20.00 less than the Exterminator II and it can be turned up much brighter. Also if your a TBH member, send me a PM and I will send you a 10% off coupon code. Here is a direct link to our Exterminator 3 feeder light.
                        https://sniperhoglights.com/extermin...-feeder-light/

Comment

As some have said, you don't want a light mounted right at your feeder or close to your feeder because it will cast shadows and any pig between you and the light will be almost impossible to see good enough to shoot with a bow because the light will be shining on the opposite side of the pig your looking at. The best place to mount your light if your bow hunting is as close to your stand as you can get it without it being behind you and casting light on you.

You also don't want to set you feeder up in heavy cover because you will get a lot of swirling winds in heavy cover or creek/river bottoms. I like to set my feeder up about 10-15 yards from heavy cover and then my stand on the opposite side of the feeder and I don't care if my stand is in the open as would rather have my stand in the open than against a bunch of cover that can cause the wind to swirl. Wind is even more important when hog hunting than deer hunting. You want to make sure even in light winds that the wind isn't going to swirl. This is why I like my stand either in the open or in a lone tree or bush. Also, if I can, there we be little to no cover behind me. If there is no cover behind you, it will help keep the wind consistent. Also if there is no cover behind you, the pigs will more than likely never come in from behind you if they can come in from another direction that has cover.

Comment

Working...
                          X