I-10 Constuction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-10 Constuction?

How is it from Luling out past Boerne these days? Drivetexas is showing none around Luling anymore. Info is appreciated.

From west of Seguin to the loop in San Antone is all construction.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
      How is it from Luling out past Boerne these days? Drivetexas is showing none around Luling anymore. Info is appreciated.
      Leon spring to kerrviile is open, till when though?
      It’s all open but a construction zone

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        From west of Seguin to the loop in San Antone is all construction.
        Thanks, Randy. I knew it was probably too good to be true. Hope y'all are well.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
          Leon spring to kerrviile is open, till when though?
          It’s all open but a construction zone

I have about given up on it unless past Kerrville. Drivetexas is pretty useless at this point. Shows none in those areas yesterday.

Comment

I drove Houston to San Antonio last Wednesday. It wasn’t all that bad.

Comment

I was on IH 10 two weekends ago, went to Houston. Between Luling and Flatonia, there was some type of road work going on, nothing major. It was down to one lane for maybe 1/4 mile. It was gone by the time I came back through that area on the way home that same day. I have had to slow down for some type of road work multiple times in the last six .months or so.

Also a couple weeks ago, there was a major accident at IH 10, where it goes over 123, in Seguin. A big rig went over the railing and caught fire. It was said, that it might take a while to repair that over pass. Not sure how much damage it suffered. We live outside of Seguin. The day of the accident, east bound traffic was backed way up and a lot was diverted through Seguin, off of IH 10. I have not tried to go down that section of IH 10 since that accident. I think it was last weekend we were eating at a restaurant, at IH 10 and 46. The traffic going east bound was moving very slow and backed up a long ways. So I assume, there is still a problem with the 123 over pass.

As for construction west of Seguin, it starts right around the Guadalupe and Bexar County line, at Cibolo Creek. Then continues to around loop 410 on the east side. In the mornings the west bound traffic is usually flowing, unless there are a lot of out of state truckers on the road, with their 64 mph governors. In the afternoon, most every afternoon, going west bound. The traffic will start to back up around Cibolo Creek and will typically be backed up to Seguin. Why, I have not figured out yet. I drive through the area almost every day, and gave not figured out what is causing the traffic to back up. My guess has been idiots on the road, behind the wheel. But they may be shutting one lane down and I just can't see it has been shut down to one lane, from the east bound lanes.

Once you get inside of 1604, I think at either 1516 or Foster Rd., IH 10 opens up to three or four wide lanes. But there is still some construction going on in the area.

Comment

Construction from west of Leon Springs thru Boerne but traffic usually flows pretty good.

Comment

From 1518 to 1516 on I-10 east of San Antonio the lanes are narrow with concrete barriers on both sides so be careful. This is about a 2 mile stretch. I’ve had LOTS of close calls in that area(used to live off of 1604 and I-10).

Comment

Brookshire to Columbus is a mess too!

Comment

I drive from San Antonio to Seguin every morning and then from Seguin to San Antonio every evening on 10. Been doing it for 10 years now. Morning is never a problem. Evening is not a problem nine times out of 10. One can easily do 70 through the construction when traffic isn't bad.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll be pulling a travel trailer so I'll go a different route.

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        From 1518 to 1516 on I-10 east of San Antonio the lanes are narrow with concrete barriers on both sides so be careful. This is about a 2 mile stretch. I’ve had LOTS of close calls in that area(used to live off of 1604 and I-10).

If it's the area I'm thinking of I pulled through there in April and it wasn't fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X