No announcement yet.

Tesla License Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pulled over south of Pearsall last week for no front LP on a new truck.

First time I ever had a highway patrol apologize for pulling me over.. usually the other way around.

Comment

It is illegal on the dash. The plates are supposed to be affixed to the rear exterior and front exterior. Administrative code 217.27 in Transportation code.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Been pulled over a couple of times by DPS for no front plate and once in Allen. The cop in Allen said he was going to write me a ticket for no front plate, so I kindly pointed out 2 other vehicles in the gas station parking lot that had no plates so he could go give them tickets next. He then conveniently changed it to a warning. This was back in 2002.

Comment

I have a front license plate on my Tesla, but you can’t see it due to my road corn feeder blocking it.

Comment

Now that you mention it, I haven’t seen a front plate on a Tesla. I’m fixin to take mine off.

Comment

I am in year 7 with out a front plate. Been pulled over once...

Comment

Until my current truck I have not ever ran one since I moved to TX. In LA we don't have them. Current truck came with it on and I have not messed with it, however I still never put the windshield sticker on.

First time I switched my registration I seriously thought- " oh that is nice, they must give you an extra in case you back it into the trailer hitch or something and mess one up. "

Comment

Ive had to ask the dealer for the plate holders on several cars and trucks. Every time they ordered one for me and I had it in a week or two.
                  I have in the past been ticketed twice for no front plate because the vehicle didn't come with a holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                    This! I don’t run one on my c7 corvette because, frankly they look like crap on the front.

I do have a front plate on the C2 vette, but they actually designed a nice bracket for the front between the two bumpers. These 1965 plates came from a TBH’er and I had them restored.

[ATTACH]1053435[/ATTACH]
                    Have you ever been pulled over in the C7 for no front plate?

Comment

I got pulled over twice by DPS. Ironically I had it I was just wired higher, on the expanded metal of my replacement bumper. I actually felt bad for them, when they realized I had it on the front of my truck. I get it not normal place just three ft higher

Comment

We had to sign a waiver at the Lexus dealership for them to drill holes in the grill to install the frame. There were a couple very small spots where it attaches.
                        My sister's Lexus has never had a front tag. She got pulled over once but no citation.
                        It's a waste of money. No front tag in several states.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Have you ever been pulled over in the C7 for no front plate?
                          Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                            I have a front license plate on my Tesla, but you can’t see it due to my road corn feeder blocking it.
                            Last year I got pulled over outside of Rockport . Dps said she could not see my plate behind grill guard . Told me I could fix before driving off or get a ticket. Had some bailing wire. So i moved it and tied it on .

Comment

Heck yeah they still give tickets for it, was cruising down interstate and a trooper did a hard bank U turn to run me down and give me a warning about no front plate.
                              Last edited by bbqfan5909; 12-03-2021, 08:34 AM. Reason: misspelled

Comment

By writing this, I'm sure I'll be pulled over for it by the end of the weekend, but I've never had one on the front of my 2018 ram since I get it new. Truck came out of St. Louis, didn't have provisions for a plate and I never put one on there. Not even sure I could find the second plate now.

Comment

Working...
                                X