Deer processing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer processing question

Couple of quick questions for everyone, why do you use your current processor? Is it Taste? Knowing that you are getting your deer back? Do you use someone that is on the way to your lease or around the house? What would it take for you to try a different processor for the first time? Thanks in advance for the responses

Yes, has to have quality and a GREAT taste. Yes, getting back my deer mixed with quality farm raised pork (they wont even accept your wild hog to mix with your deer) is important. I ONLY use R&D Processing in Spring right down the street from Texas Archery, MG Arms and the original Carters Country. Dena & Rowdy are legit and highly regarded in the hunting community and donate/assist with youth hunting programs and homeless shelters. For me to try a new processor they would need to be equivalent to R&D and preferably better. Price is obviously part of the equation but when it comes to venison processing most times you get what you pay for......or it appears that way. Or, a new to the market processor would need to have a solid deep south Louisiana twist to their processing........not just the word CAJUN/CREOLE written on the packaging.

Comment

#1- I get my deer back
      #2- Fair prices
      #3- Not too far of a drive from the house to pick up my meat when its ready

I'm always open to try a new place as long as they are fairly priced and it isn't too far out of the way when the time comes to pick up my order.

Comment

I use my processor because he’s cheap and makes a pretty decent product. Turn around time is great too, and I know I’m getting my own meat back. I do all my own. Lol

Comment

Never used a processor

Comment

I want quality taste, reasonable turn around, reasonable price. Shannons in Cherokee fits the bill as Well as Wesley Heads in Goldthwaite.

Comment

I'm real picky. I've had bad luck with the few processors I've tried.. I do the cutting the wife does the wrapping. We make out own sausage because it's too dang expensive to have it made in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for the responses thus far, about par for what I figured. I have never used a processor in the past, but I am thinking about starting my own operation.

Comment

I sleep with mine.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                    Thanks for the responses thus far, about par for what I figured. I have never used a processor in the past, but I am thinking about starting my own operation.

I figured this is why you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                      I sleep with mine.

Can't compete with that

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        I figured this is why you asked.
                        Never know when the Oilfield may pull the rug out from under me. I am always thinking about what I may do next. With a lot of the meat markets around not taking in deer due to their Cattle back logs, it just seems like there may be a need for it in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          I sleep with mine.

He must do good work.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                            Never know when the Oilfield may pull the rug out from under me. I am always thinking about what I may do next. With a lot of the meat markets around not taking in deer due to their Cattle back logs, it just seems like there may be a need for it in my area.

Sounds like you may be in the perfect place. Although by next season there may not be a cattle back log.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                              He must do good work.
                              The best

Comment

Working...
                              X