Meat from Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    So that's what a Mexican Hairless Chihuahua looks like.
    Come on, man!

That’s clearly a Chupa Cabra.

Comment

Carne El Barko

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
        Come on, man!

That’s clearly a Chupa Cabra.

I can see the resemblance

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
          Carne El Barko

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            I've been eating in mexico all my life & would be heading over tonight if it hadn't turned all loco.

Worked there for 15 years & hit the street tacos once or twice a week. All the cabrito restaurants are now on this side due to the violence.

Mexico knows it's food...and tequila.
            Carnes finas , is a pretty decent place to buy quality products

I wouldn’t mind having them as a vendor

Comment

U can't beat fresh beef in Mexico. Those that say they'd never dam sure hasn't ever had it

Comment

Love Meskin meat !
                Used to have a friend that cooked goats like that.
                Sure miss that Cabrito.

Comment

My son in-law brought enough thin sliced kind of fatty steaks from Monterrey for 3 different parties, they were awesomely different too. You can get a Cabrito for 60 to 90 dollars, just ask, they can butcher it in front of you if you need confirmation Its fresh. Brand new Cabrito oven in the gazeebo but you have to get vaccinated to eat out of it Cabrito isnt for everyone but if your raised with it more than likely it will be used for special occasions. We have to cook more than one sometimes . I never had customs give grief over crossing Cabrito but you never know, I have a neighbor that keeps a freezer full Of them, I grew up in a meat packing slaughter house, the other side of the river the same family has a slaughter house in Reynosa that Is still running today that I have also visited many times. It is different set of rules, inspectors over here wont, dont, cant, allow certain things (like accepting animals into the plant that expired somewhere else) Different worlds for sure

Comment

Carnes San Juan is quality, one of the best Meat Market from Monterrey. The Cabrito is not what came in those boxes. He probably got the cabrito "baby goat" from a different place. Everytime I have family visiting from Monterrey, I ask them to bring me a box or two from Canes San Juan and Ramos Meat Market. I usually ask for 1" Ribeye and T-bone stakes.
                    Last edited by RF76; 06-03-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Looks just like what I seen in Korea, being cooked and hanging in the meat market...DOG for sure. Bought a pair of fur lined boots and asked what the fur was and was told dog fur. Didn't take long to smell the smell of a dog. Trashed...

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Goat is good. Not sure why you would go through the hassle of buying it from Mexico though? I would trust goats fed here more than the crap they probably feed them down there.
                        My thoughts exactly. You can’t drive down a rural road in CenTex without seeing goats for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                          U can't beat fresh beef in Mexico. Those that say they'd never dam sure hasn't ever had it
                          Whats the difference in you opinion? Assuming you are not talking about pre-marinated beef?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Whats the difference in you opinion? Assuming you are not talking about pre-marinated beef?
                            Everything we have bought has always been tender and full of flavor with zero prep. My guess is Due to the lack of preservatives. Took me years to start buying meat over there but, have learned it's the better choice as long as you know it's a trusted market.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              My thoughts exactly. You can’t drive down a rural road in CenTex without seeing goats for sale.
                              Monterrey, Nuevo Leon is considered the capital of the Cabrito. Around the northerner part of the state of Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas is an iconic dish. The people from the region and the ones that knows would tell you that the best is the baby goat that is milk-fed and slaughtered young, usually around a month old. Keeping them on their mother’s milk ensures more tender meat as well.

Comment

Its good stuff and a good excuse to light the pit and drink beer. I had assumed the taste came from being grass fed but I don’t know. At the party recently A primo took one bite and looked up at me and said the meat was from Mexico, so I asked where they bought the steaks and they were impressed he knew with one bite it was from Monterrey

Comment

Working...
                                X