2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Thinking about hitting the surf in matty this afternoon or tomorrow. Anyone else??

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ounty-beaches/
    We watched a plane doing a search grid over the dunes and beach for about 3 hours last night on the big island and could see some big spotlights shining around from the gulf side. I was wondering if a boat went down or something.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
      We talking about a UTV or a glitter boat??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I dont think we will ever see phillip towing a glitter boat he actually owns

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      We watched a plane doing a search grid over the dunes and beach for about 3 hours last night on the big island and could see some big spotlights shining around from the gulf side. I was wondering if a boat went down or something.
      perfect chance to go run around in the light and meet new people

Comment

Gents,

Any reports on water quality/clarity in Lavaca Bay system? Trying to make plans for long weekend and where I pull Majek too from Shiner.
        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Gents,

Any reports on water quality/clarity in Lavaca Bay system? Trying to make plans for long weekend and where I pull Majek too from Shiner.
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Thinking about hitting the surf in matty this afternoon or tomorrow. Anyone else??

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ounty-beaches/

Why would they advertise that?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Why would they advertise that?
              Clicks.

Ive learned that the new media (including local news outlets) could give 2 flying flips of the implications of what they post. True Journalism is dead and it has become a cespool filled with some of the most heartless people you will ever see, all grasping at others misfortunes and grief.. for clicks/views. I swore it all off after the 2020 elections and haven't looked back. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                Clicks.

Ive learned that the new media (including local news outlets) could give 2 flying flips of the implications of what they post. True Journalism is dead and it has become a cespool filled with some of the most heartless people you will ever see, all grasping at others misfortunes and grief.. for clicks/views. I swore it all off after the 2020 elections and haven't looked back. I'll get off my soapbox now.
                pretty much this. As stated by a camera guy for a large news station here the the other day......if it bleeds, it leads

Never mind the lack of editing on what may actually be wrote. I think 8th graders write the articles.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                  Gents,

Not first hand but it's gotta be bad. Everything around Palacios and from there to Port Lavaca is blown out.

I think you need to plan on being further south either towards POC or Matagorda.

Comment

pretty much this. As stated by a camera guy for a large news station here the the other day......if it bleeds, it leads

Never mind the lack of editing on what may actually be wrote. I think 8th graders write the articles.
                    Editing takes time, it is more important to be fast that right or well written.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      This really made me laugh this morning.

I agree with Glenn, Shane should really buy one of those boats.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think 8th graders write the articles.
                        They are college graduates with the mentality and comprehension skills of a 8th graders. The other qualifications needed to be a modern day journalist are that you absolutely have no firm morals or principles and have the emotional ability to sway with the wind. OK off the box for good this time. How about them **** trout.

Comment

We had a really good bite this afternoon. I took the Safe Floor crew fishing this afternoon and they are going to put flooring in my boat tomorrow. The wind was just light enough we could get out and fish some open water stuff and the bite was real good. I'd say we caught 20ish solid trout in a couple hours, mostly solid 18-20"ers and a nicer one here and there.

We had a similar weather day last Friday and had similar results with my 3 guys catching about 20 or so good trout in a couple of hours.

All catch and release both trips.

No brothers were kissed and no croaker killed today.

Comment

Double post, sorry guys.
                            Last edited by Capt Glenn; 05-26-2021, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Great report. I hope the weather trend holds. Heading south Friday morning and will probably take my kids out Friday afternoon.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what is the price to safe floor your boat and how long is the boat "out of service" while it cures.

Comment

Working...
                                X