Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It looks like Yuengling is finally coming to Texas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Texas really needs is the original Pearl Lager Beer back on shelves in the stubby bottles.

Comment

Charging batteries. Changing our baits and respooling rods for this week having some cold Yuenglings. I got started on it in 2003 working in Chesapeake Bay after some hurricane or something went through the area.

Good stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
        What Texas really needs is the original Pearl Lager Beer back on shelves in the stubby bottles.
        I used to drink the "Pearl" made by pabst because it was as good as bud/miller/coors and cheaper. Now they've doubled the price and market it like a craft beer to cater to the hipsters. From what I hear, the original was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
          Its not because its the best beer, its because of historical significance, the family story, and current stance on the United States of America, and things Mr. Yuengling does for troops.

Liberal left hates them !
          Whelp, in a world of beer choices, things like this tips the scales for me.

I like yuengling and it's a fine beer.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
            I used to drink the "Pearl" made by pabst because it was as good as bud/miller/coors and cheaper. Now they've doubled the price and market it like a craft beer to cater to the hipsters. From what I hear, the original was pretty good.
            I wonder if things like changes in cereal crop varieties and water sources have changed the basic taste of old school beer. Would we even recognize a Budweiser from 1900 or coors for that matter?

Comment

Probably 1997 Pearl Stubbs were about $3.85 a sixer. Ah, the good ol days.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                Whelp, in a world of beer choices, things like this tips the scales for me.

I like yuengling and it's a fine beer.
                Another thing, PA puts a bunch of people in the Military because of its history of broken down economy. Those guys like to hold on to a piece of home like most do. It used to be Rolling Rock Beer was a big deal but now mostly Yuengling.

Kinda like a recruit could be from downtown Dallas and he’d be wearing boots and a hat out in the world…”Tex”
                Last edited by Johnny44; 05-16-2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                  I wonder if things like changes in cereal crop varieties and water sources have changed the basic taste of old school beer. Would we even recognize a Budweiser from 1900 or coors for that matter?
                  Water plays a big part in the taste of beer. Budweiser does not taste the same today as it did 20 years ago.

Comment

Supposed to hit the stores today!

Comment

It is on draught in a bunch of bars here in SA. Has been for a couple weeks now.

Comment

Working...
                      X