Deer Processing Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Processing Cost

Well I dropped a deer off at cinnamon creek to give them a try back in December. Just got a call my deer was ready (took awhile but I get it) and my balance was $95 bucks. I said man that sounds really high. I already put down a deposit of $60 which was the “processing fee” and thought that was all I had to pay. After I looked at my ticket and re read it carefully it said grinding is not included in processing fee. $155 bucks to get a deer processed is crazy for basic grinding. Usually take my deer to rendon meats and they are $80 bucks a deer but they werent taking anymore deer when I took mine which was crazy to me also. Rant over.....

Did you get beef added to it? Prices are up to almost $4/lb so maybe that’s why the hike in cost.

Comment

Sounds pretty reasonable to me but I always have some type of sausage or special product when I get one processed and it's way more than that.

Comment

sounds high to me. Maybe they make it with love.

Comment

Just depends on processor... few around my area charge 50-75 just as a take in fee per deer. Just to take it and process it the charge whatever you get done is a separate price. So that price doesn’t seem pit of the norm for some places. I found a place that the take in fee include grinding anything else was extra. But lots of places won’t do that.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
            sounds high to me. Maybe they make it with love.
            Thought the same thing. Hopefully they did make it with love. I thought about just leaving it but I’ll do the right thing and pick it up.

Comment

Mine was 80 buck with beef tallow added to burger meat.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                Did you get beef added to it? Prices are up to almost $4/lb so maybe that’s why the hike in cost.
                No beef added. Just straight grind into burger. Deer was already quartered also

Comment

Two axis does cost me $280 for ground meat. Note, I did request 10% pork added to it and steak the straps.

Comment

I went to Rendon meats... $100 for a deer to be ground once on coarse with nothing added, and I asked to save the side which was an addition $10.

Hate to say it but I tried processing a deer myself also this year. It took me about 8 to 10 hours just butchering it up, I haven't even done any grinding yet. I will gladly hand over $100 for them to do it after that experience.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer DIY, but I am limited on time. Being my first 1st time probably didn't help either though.

Comment

Be glad you didn’t have any sausage made. I really like sausage so my processing gets a little pricey.

Comment

In Junction, if we bring one in quartered it’s about $80, and if it’s just field dressed it’s about $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just wait till you get some sausage made at $7.50 a lb.
                          I killed 4 deer in illinois this year. My bill was over $2000.
                          My son killed 3 in Coleman, another grand there.
                          That being said, we're set on red meat and sausage for the next 24 months or so.

Comment

I do all my own and that actually sounds cheap to me. They have overhead in the building, machines, packing station. Not including cleanup when they are finished.

Comment

My processor charges $90 for processing. If I take the meat de-boned that fee is waived.

Comment

Working...
                              X