2020-21 Ranger 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020-21 Ranger 1000

Has anyone purchased the 2020-21 Ranger 1000 crew non XP? I know the XP's have 21 more horsepower and dual overhead cams whereas non xp has single but trying to figure out if it is really that noticeable to just any ol cat.
    I'm looking at the base 1000 with added eps. I've owned the 900XP and it had plenty of power but sold it. The new 1000 has 7 less horsepower than the 900xp did.
    Side by side with the mule pro fxt, the ranger has more towing capacity, more torque, more ground clearance, after market accessories out the arse and also has a cheaper price tag.
    My uses will be working around our new land, hunting and cruising.

I'm looking too, but for the XP. I'm suprised the power difference is that much between the 1000 XP and the 1000. I've got a 2014 900XP with over 7K trouble free miles (other than a fuel pump) and its been great. I'm needing a crew cab now and really like the newer features.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
      I'm looking too, but for the XP. I'm suprised the power difference is that much between the 1000 XP and the 1000. I've got a 2014 900XP with over 7K trouble free miles (other than a fuel pump) and its been great. I'm needing a crew cab now and really like the newer features.
      Now is the time if you're ag exempt, 10% up to $1500 off.

Comment

I bought a 2020 ranger 1000 with eps a few months ago and am loving it.

Comment

I was looking for the non so model to but the dealership in Sherman made me a hell of a deal on a xp. I believe after taxes and no prep fee and 10000 dollars down I payed a 1000 more for the xp

Comment

The prices on these is outrageous nowadays. Like a truck payment

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Not if you shop around. I got mine for $2800 off list.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Cash= no payment.

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                  I was looking for the non so model to but the dealership in Sherman made me a hell of a deal on a xp. I believe after taxes and no prep fee and 10000 dollars down I payed a 1000 more for the xp
                  Problem is no one has any inventory right now to actually get to shop around. Call about a price and five minutes later its gone. I was quoted with ag exempt and the promotion polaris has right now for a 1000 crew non xp with eps for $13,660.

Comment

Did you try Sherman and the Oklahoma places

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                      Did you try Sherman and the Oklahoma places
                      I've messaged them. The quote I got is from Oklahoma. Probably gonna pick it up soon. Really wanted to see if anyone had anything negative about the non xp model first.

Comment

If they have one make sure you send a deposit I learned that lesson the hard way

Comment

The biggest downside is probably the lower suspension but they are ok for the price I think. I have the XP crew and I do like it a lot. I've had several 900s as well, I personally can't feel a huge power difference. I would think the SOHC 1000 is plenty just to do some work around your land.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogwild84 View Post
                            The biggest downside is probably the lower suspension but they are ok for the price I think. I have the XP crew and I do like it a lot. I've had several 900s as well, I personally can't feel a huge power difference. I would think the SOHC 1000 is plenty just to do some work around your land.
                            Ya it's just for hunting, maybe a high rack for varmint hunts, cruising and working the land.

Comment

Working...
                            X