Tikka T3X Hunter Scope recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka T3X Hunter Scope recommendations

Bought my oldest daughter a new Tikka in 308 about a month ago and looking for a scope. What do you guys suggest and let me know if you got something? Also will need a set of mounts. Just about decided on the 1 piece DNZ Game Reaper 1 piece mount but would like recommendations on this as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice!

Comment

On my Tikkas, I went from Sako Optilock ring and bases to Picatinny rail. On one I have Burris Signature rings and on the magnum I have Vortex Precision.

For Scope any Leupold VX3i or Vortex Viper.

Also the Vortex Pro Series rings looks to be a good scope ring for around $50

Comment

What's your budget on optics? Entry would be redfield or Leupold vx1. I just ordered a meopta optika 6. The 5 series is worth looking at.

Comment

I’m not impressed with the Vortex Viper. I’ve got one on my Sendero and have not been happy. My budget would be 500 -600 dollar range. Really leaning towards the Leupold CDS.

Comment

Leupold VX3i would be a great choice for that price range.

Comment

I have two Tikka's. One a CTR with a rail, the other a T3X. Warne rings on both. On the T3X, I use Warne rings, right on the grooved receiver. Mounts low, don't have to worry about the stack up of tolerances of adding another piece to the assembly. Warne vertical split rings are on a lot of my rifles, strong, easy to mount and well machined. I have a VX3I on the T3X, a VX5HD on the CTR. My choice is always the best Leupold I can buy within my budget. Both have CDS dials that work great. I tested them on the range, and in the field. They are spot on. Give Leupold accurate data, they work.

Comment

Walmart just has the Leupold sales, would’ve been a good fit.

My T3x Superlite has a Viper 4-16x44.

Comment

Not a fan of the viper I had either. My tikka wears a SWFA 3x15 right now but in that range I'd look into a vx3 cds

Comment

Check out Lockedloaded.com and request email price on Leupold. You should get one in that price range. I got my VX3i LRP 6.5-20x50 for around $679 and they don't charge taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                      Check out Lockedloaded.com and request email price on Leupold. You should get one in that price range. I got my VX3i LRP 6.5-20x50 for around $679 and they don't charge taxes.

Thanks for the info. Got something ordered and you saved me several frogskins. Thanks again!

Comment

Great choice, for the money, the VX-3i has great glass!

Comment

This.
                          Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                          Leupold VX3i would be a great choice for that price range.

Comment

I have 2, one in 270 and one in 7mm. I have the Nikon monarch on the 270 and the vortex viper on the 7mm. Both work just fine for me. Lots of options to choose from, hard to pick the right one. Go take a look at them and that may help you decide on what to put on it. Great shooting rifles for the price, not sure there is a better shooter for the $.

Comment

Working...
                            X