No announcement yet.

Rechargeable Hearing Aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife switched from rechargeable to batteries. She prefers the batteries. They will tell you when they start running low and changing them is no big deal. The rechargeable ones never made it the whole day. She was waiting until 10am to use them if she wanted them to make it to 10pm. Now she changes batteries every 5 days.

Comment

I have had a pair of resound rechargeables for almost four years now. Not once have they let me down. The charger does not need to be plugged in to work and you can get multiple charges out of it. Wear them all day and store them in the charger at night.

Comment

If you are buying from Cosco how do you get them adjusted?

I am interested in getting a pair.

Comment

I have the resounds rechargeable for the past two years and have had issues where one doesn’t stay charged. They just swapped them out with a new set and so far they are working well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
            If you are buying from Cosco how do you get them adjusted?

I am interested in getting a pair.
            Set up an appointment at Costco. They will do a hearing test to see what your needs are. Once you pick and pay for them- they’ll program your hearing aids based on the hearing results from each ear. If you need them adjusted at a later date- they ‘ll do this for free.

Comment

I have Rexton rechargeables. I’ve gone 16-18 hrs with them on several times and they never ran out of juice. The rechargeable pad also has a battery built into it that holds a charge in case you are somewhere that you can’t plug them into an outlet. I’ve never had to-rely on the mobile battery yet.

Comment

These should work

[ATTACH]1102553[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                  Set up an appointment at Costco. They will do a hearing test to see what your needs are. Once you pick and pay for them- they’ll program your hearing aids based on the hearing results from each ear. If you need them adjusted at a later date- they ‘ll do this for free.
                  Burnadell has a 2 hour trip to Costco - what a PITA ( not you Bernadelle) but the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    My audiologist (not at Costco) told me the rechargeable Phonaks that he sells need to be recharged daily. I want to hear some personal experiences of whether the charge giving out at an inconvenient time is that much of a negative.
                    Got the new Phonak bluetooth rechargeable ones about 8 months ago. I plug them in every evening and good to go the next day. My cell phone answers automatically now so I get connected to those dumb robocalls. Now I don't say anything until someone on the other end says something first. I also dislike being around a lot of noisy people at one time so I just take them out in crowds. Aggravates Mama when I do that. Plus I could have bought a nice used Utv for what I paid for the picking things. Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Thanks for y'all's input.

So it sounds (pardon the pun) like the battery charger itself stores a charge for a few days, and will still recharge the hearing aids even without being plugged into an outlet?

Does the charger come with a USB cable or only a 120v cable?

Comment

Froggy...where do you find these pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Thanks for y'all's input.

So it sounds (pardon the pun) like the battery charger itself stores a charge for a few days, and will still recharge the hearing aids even without being plugged into an outlet?

Does the charger come with a USB cable or only a 120v cable?

This is context and mine is a USB charger similar to one’s a phone comes with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So what do you when you are shooting guns? Take em out and wear hearing protection?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                              This is context and mine is a USB charger similar to one’s a phone comes with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, that ay be okay since I can charge them in my truck or wherever i have my 'puter...or with a charging bank in y hunting blind.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                                So what do you when you are shooting guns? Take em out and wear hearing protection?
                                Just shoot. Mine have a built in decimal limit so that it doesn’t go above that

Comment

Working...
                                X