Processing room build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processing room build

I see a lot of threads about deer processing and paying versus doing it yourself. I have always done my own on the kitchen cabinet and have an Uncle with a home butcher house where we make sausage etc. We have finally gotten to what is hopefully our last house so I decided to build a processing room into my shop. We have a large garden so it will be for canning, packing, cooking etc of all our veggies as well as meat from pasture and wild game. I still have a way to go and will be building a cold room and smokehouse soon. Started with one end of my shop. It had a toilet in the corner with a small wall around it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

After moving some of my junk out of the way (constant battle) I got started removing old bathroom

Comment

Nice, put a coolbot cooler in it and you'll use it for your veggies storage too.

Comment

Built the back bathroom walls straight to shop structure using 3/4 inch material due to plumbing. Remember I am just an amateur and probably could have done things differently with hindsight but it is done and solid. Doggy door installed so he can get out of the weather and into the bathroom. Entire shop has A/C and heat

Comment

Electrical panel only had 8 circuts for a 200 amp service so I installed a new panel,, pulled new service wires, added ground wire from main panel so it would be proper etc. Before and after. Added a lot more circuits since these pictures.

Comment

Started plumbing also. Reminder that I am an amateur. Making hot and cold headers.

Comment

Had a pretty good layout planned and started looking for fixtures. Wanted a large sink with drainboards. Plenty of countertop space. And an island to work large amounts of meat on. Found a used sink and a used countertop with storage. Had a island top fabricated so I could bud an island below it. Sink 13 foot total length. Countertop 11 feet and island 4 x 10 feet.

Comment

Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  Nice, put a coolbot cooler in it and you'll use it for your veggies storage too.
                  Thats the plan [emoji108]

Comment

Framing up, starting setting electrical and more plumbing.

Comment

More later

Comment

Wow......following.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Wow......following. Is this for commercial use?

Comment

Looks like you’re off to a good start. I’ve been doing my own for 30 years. I have a
                            “meathouse” where all the processing is done. Stainless counters and sinks. Grinder, slicer, stuffer, ban saw, tenderizer, scale, large plastic trays for mixing meat in, vacuum sealer, bags, tape, and metal rings for crimping summer sausage. Walk in cooler inside the meathouse, and an outdoor smoker. Many deer have been processed in it over the years. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Looks like you’re off to a good start. I’ve been doing my own for 30 years. I have a
                              “meathouse” where all the processing is done. Stainless counters and sinks. Grinder, slicer, stuffer, ban saw, tenderizer, scale, large plastic trays for mixing meat in, vacuum sealer, bags, tape, and metal rings for crimping summer sausage. Walk in cooler inside the meathouse, and an outdoor smoker. Many deer have been processed in it over the years. Good luck to you.
                              That is the plan. I have most of that stuff also. Going to upgrade to 220v grinder, electric stuffer etc. Smokehouse and cold room will be right outside

Comment

Working...
                              X