Finest bows ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finest bows ever made?

Searched and didn't find anything, I'm interested to hear what TBH thinks are some of the best (compound) bows ever made. There are some iconic models of firearms (Browning A5, Ruger no1, etc) that are so highly sought after they have kind of a legendary status. The type of thing where you think 20 yrs down the line people might say, "man, that was quite a bow, don't know why they ever changed it." Interested in everyone's opinion, but particularly someone like FND who has been around so many bows.

What bow models do y'all think are at that highest level?

I like chevy bows

Comment

Matthew’s DXT

Comment

I would think the Mathews Switchback would be on the list. Personally I've had two Mathews I really liked. The LX was a sweet shooting bow. Not fast as to today's standards but consistent and forgiving. Quiet too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Switchback XT

Comment

The DXT was one of my favorite shooters I’ve owned. I regret selling it.

My elite energy I have now has been a great bow.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
              Matthew’s DXT

Might as well close the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Switchback (original and XT), Z7, Bowtech Assassin, Energy 35 come to mind for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mathews Halon paved the way with that cam system as it’s still being used. Old bows, switchback & Diamond Liberty we game changers back in early 2000’s

Comment

Whatever fits you the best and you shoot the best period. Does not matter the make or model or price.
                    You can buy the most popular bow ever made and if it does not fit your hand, you do not like the draw and you cannot shoot it very well, the to YOU, is that the best ever made? NO personal preference. Just my opinion and I will get hammered for it!

Comment

My Bowtech Invasion CPX was my favorite bow I ever owned. I only shoot traditional archery at this time, but the way the Invasion fit in my hand made me keep it for 9 years, I tried other bows every year, but never shot one that made me want to give up what I had.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Switchback
                        Energy 35
                        and early bowtech models with the overdrive binary cams revolutionized tuning .

Comment

The Ruger Number 1 does not have any iconic status, nor that I can think of any other Ruger.

Bow companies, don't usually make a given model long enough to get close to iconic status. Years ago, back with companies made the same product for many years. Back in the 50, through the 70s. There were likely some Bear, possibly Ben Pearson bows that were popular for many years. I don't know of a bow model, made in the last 40 years, that was in production for more than about five years. More so with compound and cam bows, everybody is trying to one up the other guy. Now amongst the traditional, long bow or recurve guys, there are probably some bows that are well known, and sought after over many years. But then that is a much small group of people, also.
                          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-27-2021, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Bowtech Reign 6 is the only bow to ever win bow of the year in both major publications.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              The Ruger Number 1 does not have any iconic status, nor that I can think of any other Ruger.

Bow companies, don't usually make a given model long enough to get close to iconic status. Years ago, back with companies made the same product for many years. Back in the 50, through the 70s. There were likely some Bear, possibly Ben Pearson bows that were popular for many years. I don't know of a bow model, made in the last 40 years, that was in production for more than about five years. More so with compound and cam bows, everybody is trying to one up the other guy. Now amongst the traditional, long bow or recurve guys, there are probably some bows that are well known, and sought after over many years. But then that is a much small group of people, also.
                              I agree with you about bow companies changing things up so quick that it’s hard for a certain model to obtain iconic status but I’ve got to disagree with you somewhat about the No. 1. When one gets listed in the classifieds, it draws a good amount of attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X