NTX Buck Shooter or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTX Buck Shooter or not?

Have this buck here in NTX that I've been back and fourth on. Watched him 3 times in the stand and cant decide if he's a shooter or to let go another year. One day I see him he looks like a 4.5 the next day he looks like a 5.5. Face looks mature, legs make him seem younger, just cant figure it out. Shown a few others I hunt with and 75% say hes a 5.5.
    Attached Files

I don't think that deer is that old. I'd call him 3.5; maybe 4.5. We've had such good conditions this year that a lot of deer are very well fed and fatter than they'd be in a typical year. I think that's leading to deer being called older than they are. That said, it'd be hard to pass that rack. I see that deer, I'm shooting it. By the way where's your place? ;-)

Comment

I see what you mean on the legs. I get mistaken for a twenty something a lot from the legs down. Waste up is all gut and grey hair tho.

If that deer comes out in front of me, I'm shooting it.

Comment

I see a 6 year old, but I've got zero experience with NTX deer. I'd shoot him in a heart beat! lol

Comment

Our deer around Weatherford look like that at about 3 years old. They are also about 200 pounds.

Comment

No way that deer is less than 4. I think he is 6.

Comment

I would guess 5 and shoot him without question

Comment

Man that's a tough one. I am like you, Head says older and legs say younger. Either way that is guy is a tank. Any pics from previous years that you could compare against? How does he look (body wise) compared to the other bucks you are seeing?

I think he is 4.5 at best

Comment

Nice deer ,he looks young enough to me if you can wait another year you might be rewarded,course he might be here next year but we might not ,I'd put an arrow in him and be thankful ,good luck either way ya go,be safe

Comment

I’m missing something on the legs. They look short to me. If I liked him when I saw him I’m letting one fly or sing which ever the case may be. Good luck sir.

Comment

I would shoot that deer as soon as he got in position. Heck of a mature buck

Comment

if you gotta think about it that hard let him go... esp if you think hes safe as far as someone else shooting him and he will make it to next year. could be a "no doubter" next year.

Comment

I would guess 5.5. Get him!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barney1971 View Post
                            if you gotta think about it that hard let him go... esp if you think hes safe as far as someone else shooting him and he will make it to next year. could be a "no doubter" next year.
                            I do agree but I have to say that’s a nasty bruiser in your avatar sir.

Comment

Yes mature

Comment

Working...
                              X