X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klemz style saddle platform

Decided to dip my toes in the saddle hunting pool

Had climbing sticks and bought saddle but nothing to stand on

Saw this type of DIY platform and ran across a deal on a Lone Wolf seat so decided to try it.

1.25" aluminum square tubing bought from local welding shop and the standoff came from doublesteps.com
    The rest of the hardware came from hardware store locally

Cut a piece of tubing 10" long (suggestions for length are anywhere from 9-12" depending on source, I decided 10 was good)
    Drop down 2" from the top and find center and drill 5/16" hole through tubing for standoff (most common location I found posted by others)
    rotate tube 90deg and mark up 2" from bottom and drill 1/4" hole for platform to pivot on (again most common location on other DIY threads online)
    Now measure the distance between the standoff mounting hole and the platform pivot (in my case it was 6" but if you make tube longer or shorter than 10" it will be different), divide by 3 and drop down that distance from standoff hole and drill another 1/4" hole below the standoff hole for the strap attachment.

My platform sets at about a 20deg downward angle. I need to figure out how to level it and paint it and I will be done

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6421.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	25262944

Name:	IMG_6423.jpg
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	25262945

Name:	IMG_6428.jpg
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	25262946
    Now measure ditance

And one of these days I will figure out how to post pictures that are not sideways

Comment

Working...
    X