Quest for AR guru's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
    I don't really plan to shoot subsonic. I know the 300 blackout is the choice to do that but other than caliber, why else does whether I plan to shoot subsonic matter?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have an AR15 and hadn't really considered another one in a larger caliber or an upper in a different caliber. I didn't realize the AR10 is considerably heavier. The AR15 in a 6.5 or 300BO are sounding like the better options.
    AR10 is much heavier. I don't recommend shooting subsonic. If I were you I would look for a complete 6.5 Grendel complete upper that you can put on your AR15.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      AR10 is much heavier. I don't recommend shooting subsonic. If I were you I would look for a complete 6.5 Grendel complete upper that you can put on your AR15.
      And you can get a complete upper for less than $500. Or since you mentioned running it suppressed, I would recommend getting a lower with a brace on it and a 12 inch barrel in grendel. Shorter is easier to lug around at night and a little lighter.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        And you can get a complete upper for less than $500. Or since you mentioned running it suppressed, I would recommend getting a lower with a brace on it and a 12 inch barrel in grendel. Shorter is easier to lug around at night and a little lighter.

Keep the grendel barrel long. It’s already slow. No need to slow it down anymore lol. I run a 20” at night just fine.

Speed kills. Especially on moving pigs. Anyone can drop one standing still(most of the time ) need the extra punch to do it with em moving. And grendel is already borderline on having enough to do it.

Comment

If you know somewhere that had a 12" 6.5 grendel in stock let me know. I have not been able to find one.

Also PSA has a complete upper, cantileavered mount and vortex scope on sale right now for $560. Combine that with one of their complete lowers on sale for $150 you are all in for around $800 with optics.

Comment

Anyone a fan of the Valkyrie?

Comment

If you know somewhere that had a 12" 6.5 grendel in stock let me know. I have not been able to find one.

Also PSA has a complete upper, cantileavered mount and vortex scope on sale right now for $560. Combine that with one of their complete lowers on sale for $150 you are all in for around $800 with optics.
              PSA has 12" in stock

Comment

AR15 in 7.62x39

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                  Anyone a fan of the Valkyrie?
                  A few of my buddies shoot a .224 Valkyrie. Mostly coyotes using 60 grain bullets. But I've seen the 90 grain bullets kill hogs. Does a fine job on everything I've seen shot with that cartridge.

I shot a jackrabbit with the .224 is all. It died.

Comment

As others stated above AR10's "can be" much heavier than an AR15 so if you are spotting and stocking, you will probably have to throw in a tripod. There are lighter Gen3 style AR10's but you will be paying upward of 1500-2000. If you are still hunting (blind, on ground, etc). It will suit you fine.
                    As for the bells and whistles. The only thing I would look for is as an option that comes with the AR10 is a adjustable gas block, if you are planning to run suppressed. If not avoid all bells and whistles.

As for AR15's do your research in calibers for your style of hunting.

Finally, being 2021 I'd pay close attention to ammo availability on the counter no matter what caliber you decide.

Comment

I'd say ar-15. 6.8SPC, 6.5 GRENDEL, or 7.62x39.

I have a 6.8 and it drops hogs with ease.

Comment

PSA has 12" in stock

Not sure how I missed them....... I am on their website constantly. I just ordered one. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Not sure how I missed them....... I am on their website constantly. I just ordered one. Thanks for the info!
                          if you need a PSA lower to go with it, I have some I need to get rid of.

Comment

if you need a PSA lower to go with it, I have some I need to get rid of.

I would have probably taken you up on that but I ordered 4 of them about a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X