Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hurricanes in the gulf got to get them viewers viewing something

Comment

I went to prep a shower this week in a new construction with no ac yet. Truck in shade said 107. I changed into shorts and lightweight shirt and weighted in before I headed out. 4 hours I drank 5 bottles of water… so I gained 5 lbs… got home in full body cramps and had LOST 5 lbs…. That’s 10 pounds of sweat in 4 hrs. I looked like I went swimming. I’m roughed in and waterproof. Hopefully ac will get turned on before I start laying tile or I’ll be working strictly nights in there

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        X2.
        Imagine 100 yrs ago, pushing/working stock across them plains.
        No AC, no shower, no fan, probably no socks, no bed, no phone, no tv, no women, no toothbrush lol, and been in the same clothes for a month.
        I'll take 100° days yr around over that, if I have a choice
        I remind my wife of this anytime we have heat/AC trouble or a power outage. She doesn’t think it’s funny and fails to see the lesson of “suck it up buttercup”

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
        No hurricanes in the gulf got to get them viewers viewing something
        I doubt the meteorologist in Lubbock gets much of a spike in eyes viewing because of a gulf coast hurricane

Comment

No but future heat waves do cmon

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            I went to prep a shower this week in a new construction with no ac yet. Truck in shade said 107. I changed into shorts and lightweight shirt and weighted in before I headed out. 4 hours I drank 5 bottles of water… so I gained 5 lbs… got home in full body cramps and had LOST 5 lbs…. That’s 10 pounds of sweat in 4 hrs. I looked like I went swimming. I’m roughed in and waterproof. Hopefully ac will get turned on before I start laying tile or I’ll be working strictly nights in there
            Take care and don't get heat stroke out there. It's easier to make dangerous mistakes in judgment when you're overheated and dehydrated.

Comment

It was so hot today I built a big fire just to cool off.

Comment

My question is what is August going to look like

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                  Same with no wind.
                  The dog days...

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                    Gonna be ideal for shorts and a tee shirt…. Perfect

Comment

Had a pretty good cool down here. 95° was the high.

Comment

I hope all y’all out in it are staying safe out there. All y’all in FRCs, other hot uniforms and those struggling with lack of cooling.

This product has helped keep me replenished during the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          Im in the National Forest area. I often imagine how long it would take two men and a saw to clear just a measly old acre for farming. Got to dig up those stumps too. Months working day and night. Germanics are a determined and tough tribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I've often wondered the same, or cutting a trail/road through some of this country around here. Just picks, shovels, and a pair of mules. And when it rains a lot, imagine the difficulty of clogging through this black dirt all day.
                          Yep, todays conveniences have made us all wusses (sp?)

Comment

We have already had that here in Central Tx. 100+ with indexes over 110. 8 out of 10 days and calling for the same for the next 2 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Hopefully we get a decent wind. Go ahead and make it feel like a real inferno.
                              This could be hte most under-rated comment. I was in Amarillo in 2014-2015, and woul dhave people from back home tell me "at least its a dry heat". Yeah, like someone is holding a hair dryer in your face 24/7. Shut up with your dry heat.

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Mix a Gatorade or salty snacks into the mix, those cramps will go away. Salt is your friend in those conditions.

Comment

Still not as bad as 2011-------------------------yet

Comment

Working...
                                X