Snake ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    None of the venomous snakes mentioned above it's an Eastern Hognose. No doubt about it. I've caught hundreds of em.
    Yup!

Comment

None of the venomous snakes mentioned above it's an Eastern Hognose. No doubt about it. I've caught hundreds of em.
      Boom! Felt it in my bones!
      Btw Ratt, We need a male Sonoran gopher. Don’t know if they are that far north. Im wondering if a small bull snake might breed with our female gopher. And as always looking for king snakes. We have a female desert king that needs a husband!
      Last edited by Hogmauler; 07-12-2022, 10:50 AM.

Comment

El General, tell your wife to go out and take a better picture from a different angle.

Comment

Looks to me like an old Spread n' adder. Poke it with a stick and see if it rolls over and gives off a horrible stink and plays dead.

Comment

I figured you being a snake guy would be along shortly and set us all straight one way or the other.

Comment

I have a big old monitor and I could only see one inch of the snake at a time.

Try the resize:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	24687340

Comment

They'll eat toads mainly but it won't bite humans. They act mean which sucks. Gets them killed a lot. You really would have to try hard to get one to bite you.

I had to hurry and post I didn't want it gettin killed.LOL

Comment

That’s a hognose . They can have several different color phases .

Comment

Hognose. The dots and the curled tail are a giveaway

Comment

They'll eat toads mainly but it won't bite humans. They act mean which sucks. Gets them killed a lot. You really would have to try hard to get one to bite you.

I had to hurry and post I didn't want it gettin killed.LOL
                      I wasn’t gonna kill it if it is a hog nose, but it needs to find a different piece of shade.

Comment

Maybe it's a hognose that had a nose job...

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          I have a big old monitor and I could only see one inch of the snake at a time.

Try the resize:

[ATTACH]1094863[/ATTACH]
                          It got me also. Couldn’t find the tail.

Comment

It is in the wrong back yard. The Jack Russell keeps it pretty toad free.

Comment

Looking straight on you can see the triangle shaped scale on its nose. The upturned snout on the Eastern Hognose isn't as defined as the upturned snout you'll see on the Western Hognose. Both of which would be hard to make out if you didn't have a side view of the head.

Comment

Kill this one, but next time, take better pictures from 16 different angles, make sure the lighting is studio level lighting and finally post an acceptable sized picture and just tell us what snake it is, don't ask.

Comment

Working...
                                X