No announcement yet.

Opening day dove report thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four sits and 5 birds total. SW Coleman county.

Comment

I'm just back from hunt in Coleman county. 6 of us had pretty good hunt. The better shots limited most days. Mornings better than evening. Had an incredible meal at Rancho Loma. Its always worth the trip just for that.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Has it always been

"Legal Shooting Hours From one-half hour before sunrise to sunset."

Why is it not 1/2 hour after sunset?
        it has always been sunset, but not dawn. back in the day, dove hunting was a gentlemen's sport as it started at noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
          Best I got is a saw a flight of big WW off 79 today in RR. Nice big birds
          I live in RR and have been seeing a lot of birds. Only problem is I dont have land to shoot lol

Comment

Went opening morning between Round Rock and Georgetown. 15 guys. All but a few limited out. I was actually suprised it was that good. Only about 10% whitewings which I found odd.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
              Went opening morning between Round Rock and Georgetown. 15 guys. All but a few limited out. I was actually suprised it was that good. Only about 10% whitewings which I found odd.
              This an outfitter?

Comment

On Thursday I went to Hondo on a company trip. There was around 50 hunters and a bazillion birds. It was the most or second most dove I have ever seen. Absolutely crazy.

Comment

Way to hot! lol

Comment

We went out this morning to same place west of Abilene. I shot 1 bird. We saw maybe 20 flying by here and there occasionally. We walked through the sunflower field and scared up 1 dove. It was a ghost town. They gone for now.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Reporting just south west of San Antonio....its 1000 degrees out here....

Comment

First evening saw 5 dove got one.
                        Second evening saw 2 dove got 0.
                        Third evening saw 0.

Guess that’s a wraps the season.

20 miles North of Waco.

Comment

Anyone seeing birds around Wellington?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted down in Concho county. It was super slow. I shot two times on opening day and killed two birds. We had four guys and killed a total of five dove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

South bexar Co limited 2 mornings and 13 whitewings plenty of birds

Comment

Round 2...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X