Group Axis doe hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Axis doe hunt

I have a group of about 6 guys, maybe more looking for an axis doe hunt. If there is a place that offers a group rate, that would be great. I have a hard time justifying $300-$400 for 30lbs of meat when that money would buy a lot of ribeyes. This may be something that doesn't exist anymore, just throwin it out there.

If the only value you expect to receive is meat out of it then yea why not just buy steaks.

Comment

You may be able to find hunts for as little as $250.00 somewhere but they are few and far between.

Comment

Shoot, just reading all the threads in the past, that would seem like a bargain. At least to me. I have never looked into it though either.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
          If the only value you expect to receive is meat out of it then yea why not just buy steaks.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
            This. Sometimes reg ol whitetail costs much much more. I don't go hunt because it's cheap.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hell you'd be a lot better off contacting our new sponsor Clarabelle Cattle Co. and take your 5 or 6 guys and buy a couple beefs. Obviously you place NO value of the trip, hunting and camaraderie... for about the same money Reed will let you pick out the cattle you want, feed it out for you and have it ready for processing... Maybe y'all could make a road trip to pick 'em out without spending too much.

Comment

Lol....I have been hunting my whole life, don't see the need to spend a grand to enjoy a hunt. It's a meat hunt and an opportunity to hang out and drink a few beers, grill some steaks with friends and shoot something different. Didn't know I needed to list out the itinerary for some of yall on here, bunch of high and mighty lib types!

Comment

Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post
                  Lol....I have been hunting my whole life, don't see the need to spend a grand to enjoy a hunt. It's a meat hunt and an opportunity to hang out and drink a few beers, grill some steaks with friends and shoot something different. Didn't know I needed to list out the itinerary for some of yall on here, bunch of high and mighty lib types!
                  Man don't come in here having your own way you enjoy your time outdoors. Go buy steaks cuz you don't do it like the rest do!

Comment

Dang fellas, cut the OP some slack. I’m right there with him as I wouldn’t want to pay too much more than he’s asking about for a meat hunt. $3-400 for me is on the high side for a doe but I’d do it for the camaraderie. OP, look at extreme bow hunting in Bracketville, he may be able to hook you up.

Comment

When axis does are selling live sale prices like this the $250-$300 doe hunts are gone!

Comment

$250 is the cheapest I’ve ever found. Most places are in the $300-$400 for a cheap Axis doe hunt.

Comment

“ I have a hard time justifying $300-$400 for 30lbs of meat when that money would buy a lot of ribeyes.”

I think this ^^^^ statement rubbed some guys the wrong way. When you start trying to justify cost of hunting vs pounds of meat actually yielded of course it makes no sense. The grocery store is a better bargain every time. Good luck to you. I hope y’all find a cheap place, have a great time, and making lasting memories.

Comment

Calling people libs because they told you that there is more to a hunt than meat and that you are paying for the experiences and memories as well?. What kind of winder likkin’ name calling reach is that??

Last edited by Smart; 07-26-2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X