Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'm thinking the one one the right in the third pic is a Kinney, but I'm sure no expert. Trying to figure this stuff out. I have quite a few others I'd like to find out about.

Comment

Wow that is a very cool piece.

Spear point? Can't wait to hear the experts input

Comment

Was that triangle blade at the same depth? And or did u find any other artifacts at that depth?

Comment

Triangle came from another part of the pasture....maybe 300 yds away, in 3-5 ft of sand

Comment

Here are some others

Comment

That gray knife looking thing was found within about 10' and at about the same depth as the first one I posted

Comment

T/Chmr, you have some very nice pointy rocks. What part of the country did they come from? We had a lease west of Lampasas that had a bunch of points. There were at least two camps there. I found many arrowheads, scrapers etc at that lease.

Comment

I'm not an expert but to me it doesn't have a classic look to put a definite name on but it looks thin and 10' deep I would think paleo. Now I see you have one heck of a base tang blade that looks awesome. Maybe GarGuy will chime in he is the expert.

Comment

Is the "base tang" the gray knife? Not yanking your chain.....I really have no idea what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                        T/Chmr, you have some very nice pointy rocks. What part of the country did they come from? We had a lease west of Lampasas that had a bunch of points. There were at least two camps there. I found many arrowheads, scrapers etc at that lease.

These where all found in Lampasas county, west of town about 22 miles, near Bend

Comment

The big blade in the middle of your shadow box. I would love to see some closups of that sucker

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                            The big blade in the middle of your shadow box. I would love to see some closups of that sucker

Here you go.

Comment

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Here is the other end of the box

Comment

Dang nice blade looks like another base tang far right. You got some nice stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X