Receiver hitch rack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiver hitch rack.

Not so much for AT the lease, but more for gettin your stuff there.
    Attached Files

that is a nice, heavy duty looking rack. I bet you could carry all the weight you would ever need and not have to worry!

I built one similar and added one of those plug in reciever brake lights to the rear for someone to make sure they see, especially if you have it on empty. DOT tape on the side and you can see that dude a mile away.

Looks good DMO, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice rack!

Speaking of DOT regs regarding Hitch Hauls. I got a ticket on my way back from Eagle Pass a few years ago because my ice chest was hiding my plate. The trooper told me I had to move the plate to the back of the hitch hauler. He was a real ***** though, just looking for an excuse to pull me over.

Comment

Looks good, but I caution you about one other thing. You turn into a service station or some other place that has a bad dip when you pull off the road into their parking lot it could scrap the pavement. I thought about building on with a slight "step up" in the receiver end to maybe prevent tha from happening.

Comment

looks like you could drag it though a low spot and not have to

Comment

I've been planning on putting a license plate holder on the back, red clearance lights, and a tag light, just so I won't have to worry about the **** troopers. This stuff will be done before she sees the road again, along with a couple tie down points and some new paint.

You'd have to hit a real stinkin deep ditch to make that sucker drag, but it wouldn't hurt it if you did.

I did drive down South Padre Island National Seashore (62 miles of rough *** beach) at a high rate of speed with the thing loaded full of ice and beer and she never touched ground. That's also why it needs new paint though.

Comment

You said rough *** !

Comment

Looks to me like it does have a step up to it...nice job. That baby will hold SOME beer... SON!

Comment

Who said beer?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wonder if you could purchase a farm trailer plate to attach to it so you would not have to take the plate on and off. Its a trailer without wheels and could be used to haul feed

Comment

I need one big enough for a medium sized 4-wheeler.

Comment

I actually high-centered my S-10 Blazer with a hitch hauler on the back. My
                        dumb *** thought I could make an easy pass through a steep banked creek.
                        Well, what a bad time to find your 4WD is out! The hauler kept my back
                        tires about 4" off the ground until we dug it out enough. Lesson learned !

Todd

Comment

Dale I like your taste in beer

Comment

I got pulled over by a Nebraska State Patrolman for having my license plate obstructed - by my trailer ball! I guess he couldn't see the bottom of the number 6! They are looking for any excuse to pull a vehicle over and with a setup like yours, loaded down with coolers, most of the troopers I know would be drooling to pull your drunk butt over (in their minds anyway you are obviously drinking and driving). I'd make sure your license plate is visible. Just my .02 and of course, my experience with State Troopers is limited to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Who said beer?

Is it me, or is that just a ticket waiting to happen?
                              Last edited by bzzboyz; 11-24-2006, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X