Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
    Rhetoric is awesome if you can find it.
    I have a bottle of the Rhetoric 23, but haven't opened it yet. Had a bottle of the Rhetoric 21 a couple of years ago and though it was very good.

Comment

Popped in to total wine and they have about half a dozen Rowan’s Creek and I grabbed heir last Noah’s Mill. At $50 it has been a favorite pour of mine lately.

Comment

Found some Stag today, it’s good but strong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9865.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	24534220

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
          Found some Stag today, it’s good but strong.

[ATTACH]900802[/ATTACH]

Good pour, what’d you pay?

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
            Good pour, what’d you pay?
            $55, I was driving through small towns and looking for some of the harder to find bourbons. What’s a good price on it?

Anything Buffalo Trace puts out has been great!

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
              $55, I was driving through small towns and looking for some of the harder to find bourbons. What’s a good price on it?

Anything Buffalo Trace puts out has been great!
              That’s Stagg Jr not Stagg but it is still a great pour. I actually like it better because it’s easier to find. Anywhere from $50-$65/70 is a fair price for Stagg Jr

Pour it near with a couple drops of water and enjoy!

Comment

New to sipping bourbon. I've had Jefferson's Very Small batch, Elmer T. Lee, Elijah Craig and, currently, Buffalo Trace. I drink them neat and have enjoyed all of them. Would you say I have a bad palette?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                  New to sipping bourbon. I've had Jefferson's Very Small batch, Elmer T. Lee, Elijah Craig and, currently, Buffalo Trace. I drink them neat and have enjoyed all of them. Would you say I have a bad palette?
                  Not at all. I actually like all 4 of those. The great thing about bourbon and Scotch, is they each have unique flavors and I pick what I want based on my mood and palate preference for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    Popped in to total wine and they have about half a dozen Rowan’s Creek and I grabbed heir last Noah’s Mill. At $50 it has been a favorite pour of mine lately.
                    They had both at our total wine this week too. Kind of kicking myself for not buying the Rowan’s Creek as I haven’t tried it yet. Then again I know how good the Noah’s Mill is so I may have to go back for a bottle...

Tonight I’m polishing off the Angel’s Envy so I can open the Eagle Rare tomorrow. Then its a selected cask of Elijah Craig from the liquor store around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                      They had both at our total wine this week too. Kind of kicking myself for not buying the Rowan’s Creek as I haven’t tried it yet. Then again I know how good the Noah’s Mill is so I may have to go back for a bottle...

Tonight I’m polishing off the Angel’s Envy so I can open the Eagle Rare tomorrow. Then its a selected cask of Elijah Craig from the liquor store around the corner.
                      You’ve got a nice line up there. My buddy just did the Angel Envy tour and said it was incredible.

If there is Noah’s Mill I skip Rowan’s every time.

Now if I had store pick Elijah Craig available that would be a different story!
                      Last edited by hooligan; 03-16-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                        Actually seems like you jump d in the deep end! I’m a huge fan of all of those. Buffalo trace I think is very over rated (imo) but if you like it try to find some Eagle Rare, it is Buffalo Trace but aged 10yrs instead of 4 or whatever the standard BT is.

Elijah Craig is, in my humble opinion, the best value out there in bourbon. $26 for EC small batch and $60 for the Barrel proof (if you like hot bourbon). They’re hard to beat!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                          You’ve got a nice line up there. My buddy just did the Angel Envy tour and said it was incredible.

If there is Noah’s Mill I skip Rowan’s every time.

Now if I had store pick Elijah Craig available that would be a different story!
                          I’m taking the “best bottles undsr $50” tour. Got to try the store pick at the store and it was good to say the least.

I may just have to go back for one of those Noah’s Mill bottles (if they’re still there.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post

New additions. Whistle Pig Farm Stock and Taylor 10 year Tawny Port.

Both for nitecaps after a nite on the town with the babe.

Farm stock great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                              Farm stock great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              That whistle pig is good stuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post

New additions. Whistle Pig Farm Stock and Taylor 10 year Tawny Port.

Both for nitecaps after a nite on the town with the babe.

I've always been a tawny port fan! Haven't had any in a good bit but I remember taylor f was my fav, I've had 10, 20 and whatever the next year series is.. all really good

Comment

Working...
                                X