No announcement yet.

The bucks love it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We put 150lbs in the trough today. That lasts two weeks with 4-5 bucks hitting it multiple times per day.... and of course coons. Not a single doe or pig has eaten from the trough. Only bucks. The does and pigs stay at the corn and protein feeder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210918-180216_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	888.8 KB
ID:	24662231

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210918-175945_Drive.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	589.4 KB
ID:	24662232

Comment

You better get to feedin em Josh. My nephew is wanting to run a sharp stick through that 9 point and he’s basically right across the fence from you. He’s pretty sure he has the same buck coming to his corn feeder.

Comment

Dang. I’m building one

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          You better get to feedin em Josh. My nephew is wanting to run a sharp stick through that 9 point and he’s basically right across the fence from you. He’s pretty sure he has the same buck coming to his corn feeder.
          Lol. I'll be happy for whoever gets him. We usually will start seeing some different bucks moving on in the next few weeks.

Comment

Nice bucks Pineywoods, that feed is attracting a crowd at your place, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by duckduckgoose View Post
              Really interesting. How about raccoons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Deer don't eat raccoons too much.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                Deer don't eat raccoons too much.

I just spit my ice tea across the room. LOL

Comment

Lol

Comment

How do you keep the coons from hammering it?

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                      How do you keep the coons from hammering it?
                      Coons.....Duke traps. I usually just pour the sweet feed on the ground around the corn feeder when I use it. I have a small wooden trough I use on occasion.

Comment

I put some in a trough feeder about a month ago, deer at the feeder 10 yards away every day but they wont touch it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          I put some in a trough feeder about a month ago, deer at the feeder 10 yards away every day but they wont touch it for me.
                          I got them used to it on the ground around feeder before putting it in trough. Once they started eating it, there was no issues with them finding it in trough. You have to develop their addiction first lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                            I got them used to it on the ground around feeder before putting it in trough. Once they started eating it, there was no issues with them finding it in trough. You have to develop their addiction first lol.
                            I tried that a couple weeks ago and from the camera it looked like they cleaned it up. This is the first year I’ve had a trough feeder out though so maybe just taking more time to get used to it

Comment

I was using sweet feed pellets as bait for my DP coon traps. Works great!

Comment

I just built one and put it up this week .... deer magnet!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X