2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
    Wife and I are rolling south for some new year wade fishing tomorrow. It’ll be a nice get away from the hustle and bustle we’ve been on lately.
    Good luck! Make sure to sharpen your hooks!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Strange weekend, lots of big sand trout. 15-16" er's. Even they where hitting a Fatboy. I was wading on the west end and was really shocked at all the changes in the bay that direction. A few of the small shell humps I fished for years are gone, oyster boats got em I guess.

Comment

Them boats were living out there in West for a while Kevin. Not sure what kind of damage they've done to East.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

The past two weekends heading back to Sargent I've passed a parade of oyster boats going west in the evening. I love oysters but they've really changed that end of the bay.

Comment

Very few fish to report this afternoon... got a late start due to a faulty battery on the boat.

Wife and I threw corkys, top water, and down south few small trout today.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
              The past two weekends heading back to Sargent I've passed a parade of oyster boats going west in the evening. I love oysters but they've really changed that end of the bay.
              Which bay are you talking about, East or West? I think East Matagorda is still closed, the state closed it for two years, not sure if it’s been a full two years yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                Very few fish to report this afternoon... got a late start due to a faulty battery on the boat.

Wife and I threw corkys, top water, and down south few small trout today.

The joys of boat ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                  Which bay are you talking about, East or West? I think East Matagorda is still closed, the state closed it for two years, not sure if it’s been a full two years yet.
                  The oyster boats were in the ICW going west. East Matagorda is closed to oyster boats. I'm not sure where they were going, but two weekends in a row I've past them in the ICW in the evening.

Comment

I watched the thread last year but not sure that I ever posted in it. Anyhow, I fish the upper coast pretty hard, Sabine and east galv. Hope to be more active in the thread this year. Made a little haul this morning before work. 7 min limit, 17"-19" and 1 short flounder. Fish and boat cleaned by 9. Also may have a trip to port Mansfield mid April.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                      I watched the thread last year but not sure that I ever posted in it. Anyhow, I fish the upper coast pretty hard, Sabine and east galv. Hope to be more active in the thread this year. Made a little haul this morning before work. 7 min limit, 17"-19" and 1 short flounder. Fish and boat cleaned by 9. Also may have a trip to port Mansfield mid April.

Nice haul Chase! Stick around, it’s a pretty good group of guys that are active in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post

Job well done. I have a friend who would die of thirst before he'd drink that Gatorade.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          Job well done. I have a friend who would die of thirst before he'd drink that Gatorade.
                          That's funny, I don't care for fish slimeorade either, but I'm about 2' from the water, I just rinse it off when I need a swig. My boat isn't big enough for a separate drink cooler.

Comment

Congrats! Great trip!

Comment

Two great trips in the books already this year. First with Cory who is home from
                              OK state for break and pops. Second with Pops and my cousins boy.

Both in Lavaca Bay system. Looking forward to hitting Baffin this spring and summer as well as chasing crappie on Coleto with my BFF Kelly

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Working...
                                X