that sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Made another pot. Added a can of beans.
          ..... Blasphemy

Gonna have to try this one

Comment

Gonna try this tomorrow I think....
            Last edited by airbornehunter; 01-03-2010, 11:05 AM.

Comment

When I make it, I make it in the morning, and let it sit on warm until that evening...same basic idea...lets the flavors really blend together.

I would be willing to wager that it would be outstanding done in the crock pot. Plus you get the added benefit of having your house smell like chili for the day

Used axis on the last batch...nummy.

Comment

yea i decided that leaving it in for more than 8hrs would probably turn it all to mush. Problem is i work all day If they had axis in italy i'd be all over it lol.

Comment

made it tonight. Added a little more cayenne pepper than asked. Added an extra can of Tomato stuff and a whole can of rotel. Also got some beans on right now to add with it. Also I don't know why but I can't have chili without rice and cornbread I'll let you know how it turns out!

Comment

When y'all make chili off the recipes that won Terilingua you need to let it cook longer. Competition chili is cooked in a way that when its judged they get hit with all the flavors in such an intense way, plus its still a little "grainy" for lack of a better word.

Beans in chili????? That is what I refer to as "Yankee" chili, nobody should ever ruin a good pot of chili with them.

Comment

thats crazy talk. I put the chili on the crockpot at 1pm and It's almost 730. 8pm it's gonna be time to eat. Beans go good with everything. Yankee chili is that Skyline chili crap my army buddies tried to feed me downrange. I'd ALMOST rather have eaten mre's lol.

Comment

I love chili and I love beans, just don't want no beans in my chili.

I have to try this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                          I love chili and I love beans, just don't want no beans in my chili.

I have to try this one.
                          Spoken like a true Texan.

Comment

I love that they have to post the recipes. Been making last year's winning chilli the last couple of months and can't get enough of it. It was a really unique recipe that did not sound good on paper but man, there was a reason it won!

Comment

I will have to try it.

Comment

Gonna try it when the next cod front blows in!

Comment

Working...
                                X