Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you show me your cotton seed feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hometown Ag View Post
    How many lbs does the t-post and panel hold? And about how long will it last in the hill country?
    It Depends on how big the diameter is of the ring/feeder. Our diameter is normally around 2.5 to 3ft and the 4X2 fence holds a little over 300lbs. We have 2 cottonseed feeders at each protein feeder and they will eat it all up in about 30 days. We like it bc if an older buck is dominating a feeder then it gives the fawns, does, young bucks a chance to still grab a bite.

Comment

Anyone have any success with these in Hill / Navarro county?

Comment

oasis in uvalde sells enough wire and a t-post for around $30 to make a feeder, which is better then buying a $400 roll of wire

Comment

I'm in East Texas and I'm highly considering using fortified cottonseed within the next few weeks. I really like the simplicity of the feeders on this thread but like most places, the hogs will like it too and I do not want to build a feeder pen. Besides buying an ASF, are there any DIY options y'all have used to elevate the feed?

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdacious View Post
              Does anyone know of a place that sells bulk cotton seed between San Antonio and Freer?
              Yes, Coastal Plains Gin in Mathis (361) 547-9141 call before you go he is getting hit pretty hard demand is high. Last week it was $300.00 a ton.

Comment

Worked on this design after several years of issues with busted wire, broomed off tines from being damaged in wire, forgetting to being a shovel and other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                  Worked on this design after several years of issues with busted wire, broomed off tines from being damaged in wire, forgetting to being a shovel and other problems.

Best design ever

Comment

55 gallon drum cut in half with three 1/2ā€ holes drilled in bottom for drain. Holds 125 pounds each. Lasts 7-10 days. They eat every drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Son just welded this one up for us. We will drive t-post to keep it in place but moveable back and forth for deer.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                        55 gallon drum cut in half with three 1/2ā€ holes drilled in bottom for drain. Holds 125 pounds each. Lasts 7-10 days. They eat every drop.

I like that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

This is what Iā€™m going to start doing, getting to hot to be out there filling baskets.

Comment

Following

Comment

Comment

Old thread but good info here. Looks like 2x4" wire has become an acceptable alternative to V Mesh.

Love the concept of the tote cages, I wonder if you could take a trailer load of those to the gin, have them "bulk" filled and then not have to shovel as much. Just drag them off into your feed pen.

Comment

Working...
                                X