Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$65 osb

Its coming. Just nuts.

I'm supposed to start building our new house later this year. Praying it starts coming down by winter, I don't see how people can afford to build with prices getting to 160 a sq. ft.

Comment

I'm on the luxury residential side of things. I just got a lumber pack quote back that was $30 / sq ft just for the lumber.

Comment

Wife had 100 sheets of 3/4" plywood stolen from a job site last week. They got it delivered early, which they've never done, to lock in pricing.

Comment

3/4 plywood $75 already here

Comment

I paid $65 a sheet for 3/4” plywood a week ago.

Comment

I bet 7/16" zip is going to be north of $80 here shortly as well.

Comment

Lumber futures are bumping around 1,600 per thousand ft. right now.

Comment

I just talked with my forester last week. Timber prices have been dropping for last 3 months, and look to go to rock bottom if we have a dry summer on top of the freeze stress...lots of trees will die.
                  Log yards are full and some not accepting timber through May.
                  He said that the increased prices are not going to the landowners or the loggers. He thinks the mills and wholesalers are pocketing the profits.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                    I just talked with my forester last week. Timber prices have been dropping for last 3 months, and look to go to rock bottom if we have a dry summer on top of the freeze stress...lots of trees will die.
                    Log yards are full and some not accepting timber through May.
                    He said that the increased prices are not going to the landowners or the loggers. He thinks the mills and wholesalers are pocketing the profits.
                    And I hope there is a special place in He** for them folks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another good reason I am going ICF and cement pillars. What is a good alternative to wood for my 30x40 2nd floor patio? 3 floor beach house.

Comment

I glanced at 2x4's in Lowes yesterday, $8 and change...

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          Wife had 100 sheets of 3/4" plywood stolen from a job site last week. They got it delivered early, which they've never done, to lock in pricing.
                          They unloaded a half truckload of stolen copper to make room for the plywood.
                          Plywood was worth more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                            I'm on the luxury residential side of things. I just got a lumber pack quote back that was $30 / sq ft just for the lumber.
                            I don’t doubt it one bit. Only thing helping me out is my dad is my builder. My brother is getting ready to break ground on his house and the lumber package was 86k as of yesterday for 2350 ish sq. ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              They unloaded a half truckload of stolen copper to make room for the plywood.
                              Plywood was worth more.
                              Ha. I was in the AC game for a few years. Know all too well about copper theft.

Comment

Working...
                              X