Looking for ideas to rig out a hunting vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco View Post
    I've mentioned this on here before but I'll say it again. Get you a 10 or 20# CO2 bottle and the regulator for using it as compressed air.(about $40) A 20# bottle can air up a couple thousand tires, you can use it for your impact wrench, air jack if you have one, painting and blowing out the radiator of your tractor. My friend blows out the radiator of his JD 4440 tractor twice a day during haying season and it's a big radiator, and a 20# bottle lasts him almost the entire season. It costs $9 to refill. I have one in both my trucks and don't go any where with out one. I'd plan on putting one in your truck some where.

Great info. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had the feeder on the front of mine for years, and now the AC condenser is coated in corn dust/paste. I've got to get that sorted out pretty soon. I've been looking for a swing away aftermarked spare tire carrier that goes against the back door...but not looking too hard.

In your position, I would build a hollow rear bumper with a drop center and use it for a feeder. If I had a pickup, it would definitely get a big headache rack setup complete with seats, hi-lift jack mount, feeder filling platform, and toolbox...but ours is a 4Runner.

Other than that, led light bars or pods, cup holders, multiple phone charging ports, bluetooth radio, and air conditioning, are the most important features. I have a cheap little flashlight mount on the dash by the radio, with a 3 AAA cheap led flashlight that stays in it, and I use that thing 100 times a weekend.

Comment

Good points DMo. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinMears View Post
          The rear bumper is next. May need to find a better welder than me!
          I have no idea how fitment issues would work out, but I have a 3"or 4" tube bumper that came off a '76 CJ7 that you can have. Probably have the matching front too. Holler @ me if you're interested and I'll take some pics and send 'em to you.

Comment

Working...
          X