Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching the Gulf (Tropical Weather Threat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too soon!

This is the reason we just finished elevating our house. It was something else to watch them tunnel under the slab, set 30 bottle jacks and then pick up a 200,000 lb house. We said no more after Harvey. Now we are high and dry and we can focus on helping our friends/family/neighbors/community when the next major flooding event strikes.

Comment

Thanks Johnny

Comment

Looks like it may be a good time/reason to head for northern climates.
        Mrs. Lobo has been wantin a good reason for a vacation.

Comment

Lincoln County Next stop

Was gonna run home to Bama but deerflies, yellow flies, horse flies, ticks, chiggers, snakes, and 165% humidity
          Last edited by Johnny44; 05-20-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Just got my traps all chased down after the two squalls that came thru

Comment

I'm out in the gulf right now on a rig ( floater ) & we're bouncing around like a big popping cork...... last report we got was ......winds 38 kts & 15 -18 seas......LET ER BUCK !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                Too soon!

This is the reason we just finished elevating our house. It was something else to watch them tunnel under the slab, set 30 bottle jacks and then pick up a 200,000 lb house. We said no more after Harvey. Now we are high and dry and we can focus on helping our friends/family/neighbors/community when the next major flooding event strikes.
                What did that cost? Asking for a friend 😳😄

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                  Too soon!

There are some folks who raised their houses 4 feet after the last flood in Lake Charles. Der houses flooded on Monday

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                    Looks like it may be a good time/reason to head for northern climates.
                    Mrs. Lobo has been wantin a good reason for a vacation.
                    After last summer's 2 hurricanes and Mondays flash flood our entire family and friends are talking about where to move. We'll buy a whole mountain

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      After last summer's 2 hurricanes and Mondays flash flood our entire family and friends are talking about where to move. We'll buy a whole mountain

Man, y'all have been through the ringer over there. I can't imagine flooding several times in just a few years. I feel for folks that have been dealing with that. I know some folks aren't able to just pick up and move but I dang sure would if I was in that situation and could.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                        Man, y'all have been through the ringer over there. I can't imagine flooding several times in just a few years. I feel for folks that have been dealing with that. I know some folks aren't able to just pick up and move but I dang sure would if I was in that situation and could.
                        First hurricane ripped the roofs and bricks off. Next hurricane ripped off the tarps and brought a flood. Now, less than a year later folks are just now moving back in their repaired houses and it floods

Comment

Just what we need. All this rain has flooded the river house again. The mouth of the San Bernard is silted in and won’t allow the river to drain properly. All the new building around Rosenberg and hwy59 is pushing a lot of drainage to the river and can’t get the water out of it

Comment

Perfect timing. My wife and BIL were looking to rent a beach house (Galveston) for a last minute family getaway. Just saved me 2 grand. [emoji4]

For all those either flooded out already or on the sidelines praying you don't my prayers go up for you.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

They were already doing rescues in Hamshire Fannet area near winnie. Hopefully it moves through quick and doesnt sit

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                                Great. We have reservations @ the Hotel Galvez the 26th, 27th, & 28th.
                                Don't get the eggs Benedict with crab. That's all I'll say. Awesome hotel otherwise!

Comment

Working...
                                X