2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Always scares me running through there. Lots of people are hauling butt through there and it’s got that curve to it. I’m assuming they came through there and went towards river bend and hit that pole. The way that little concrete wall juts out you have to go that direction anyway.

Is this the cut y’all are talking about?

Comment

Bragg's Cut, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
        Pretty clear but I just wasn't certain of where it happened. Pics on FB pretty much confirm it was one of the markers through Braggs. I hate how they put those in there.

That little cut is super dangerous. Y'all be real careful through there, that west end of Braggs where it comes out in the DC scares the heck out of me. We are bound to see a bad collision there before it is over. Too many clueless boaters on the water nowdays.
        I’m getting ready to call Nick and Daniel, those young hotshots they have hired haul *** thru there , they continue into the DC, if you are entering the DC from Braggs , you don’t have the ROW! Never less who has it, they and others need to slow down
        I just got in, GWs still dragging for the body

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
          I’m getting ready to call Nick and Daniel, those young hotshots they have hired haul *** thru there , they continue into the DC, if you are entering the DC from Braggs , you don’t have the ROW! Never less who has it, they and others need to slow down

I just got in, GWs still dragging for the body
          That whole outfit needs a come to jeezus meeting

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yall think a SSW 16mph will be doable tomorrow out in the bay? They canceled my offshore trip tomorrow. Thinking about trying to salvage the day and take the 6 year old out to surfside and sit over a hole with live shrimp and let him play with the croakers etc

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Always scares me running through there. Lots of people are hauling butt through there and it’s got that curve to it. I’m assuming they came through there and went towards river bend and hit that pole. The way that little concrete wall juts out you have to go that direction anyway.

What drives me crazy is the people who anchor in the middle of the cut where Braggs meets the DC. Always so moron sitting right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                What drives me crazy is the people who anchor in the middle of the cut where Braggs meets the DC. Always so moron sitting right there.

I 2nd this..... One day some clown ran his boat up on the rocks on the river side stuck like chuck!!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Yall think a SSW 16mph will be doable tomorrow out in the bay? They canceled my offshore trip tomorrow. Thinking about trying to salvage the day and take the 6 year old out to surfside and sit over a hole with live shrimp and let him play with the croakers etc
                  Go brother

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend has been doing well on the reefs in Bastrop Bay, northeast area. Live shrimp and cork has worked for trout. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                      I 2nd this..... One day some clown ran his boat up on the rocks on the river side stuck like chuck!!

I've seen it at least a couple times a summer ever since they put it in there. Get complacent and it'll jump up and get you. I'm talking sitting dead center on top of the concrete.

Comment

16 at that angle is fine but you're also looking at post-front conditions.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Any wind with a W in it is a no go for me unless it is less than 10. If your goal is to get your boy out fishing, then go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post

And the people anchored up fishing will look at you like you have 3 heads when you go past them.

So people are just ignorant.

Comment

That's how this guy was. I was shocked it didn't crack his boat in half! High centered in a boat, not a good place to be!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                                16 at that angle is fine but you're also looking at post-front conditions.
                                Yeah so I somehow totally read SSE. SSW by itself ain't a total deal breaker for me but 16 plus gusts and post-front sounds like a big fat skip to me. I'll probably go to camp tomorrow but that's mostly a beer drinking place with fishing as an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X