Suppressor/ Silencer How To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    The law school you went to owes you a refund. You can will it to whoever you want tax free.

Fact. Talked to my lawyer before starting the process and she advised against going with a trust as it is truly not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
      What company did you use for your kit?

The place I bought mine from is no longer in business. There are quite a few places now that you can order from. Google solvent trap parts. Also look up the forums. Search form 1 forums. Most of the guys on there have built multiple and have perfected them through trail and error. Go ahead and start your paper work and get them started and then do your research on best combos. Really all you need to know is how long you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post

Feds can see the tax stamp, cops can kick rocks.
        Why don’t more understand this? Cops are not feds and can do pretty much nothing about suppressors.

Comment

Don’t you have to claim a manufacturer or brand on the form 1

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
            Why don’t more understand this? Cops are not feds and can do pretty much nothing about suppressors.
            We have multiple guys that are deputized ATF agents. Plus, most agencies have working relationships with federal agencies. I've never asked for suppressor paperwork, but if its someone I have probable cause to think shouldn't have one, I know what my options are under chapter 46 of the Texas Penal Code and who to call if there isn't a state violation. That said, do I care if good ole bubba has an "illegal" suppressor. Nope. Same bubba out shooting up stuff, places, people, animals at night when he shouldn't and has a suppressor? Well federal sentencing can be a little stiffer than State.

I personally think all suppressors should be just like a firearm and available off the shelf same day, so don't hate on me for answering a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
              You shouldn't be showing a trust to a cop anyway.
              Yes my fault.

I meant the tax stamp showing it is yours. The whole process is a bunch of BS

Comment

Originally posted by sooner6969 View Post
                Trust. Only way to legally pass on to your kids upon death. Children can not be added to trust till they are 21. Silencer shop website has all the info you need.
                No sir. They just have to fill out a Form 5 for tax free transfer. There is a place on that form for the decedent's name and such for this very reason. IT can come from individual, corporation, trust etc...

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                  Fact. Talked to my lawyer before starting the process and she advised against going with a trust as it is truly not needed.

Except if you do an individual then only you can be in possession of them. Wife can’t. Brother can’t. Etc. That’s a big deal for me. The transfer upon my passing can be handled via F5 or the trust. Wasn’t as big of a deal but certainly part of my decision. Trust is best in my opinion. Idk how many items me and my brother have approved now. 20-25 I’d guess. Nice to know we can swap cans and guns whenever.

Comment

Form 1

I watched a YouTube video on doing a Form 1 for a build and it said that after I submitted it I would get an e-mail with some other paperwork I would need to fill out. They never e-mailed me any other paperwork. But they sure took my $200.

Comment

Just finished up a form 1 and it’s a bad *** can !

Comment

I got 2 cans on a trust!

My next one I am 99% sure I am not doing with a trust.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                          I watched a YouTube video on doing a Form 1 for a build and it said that after I submitted it I would get an e-mail with some other paperwork I would need to fill out. They never e-mailed me any other paperwork. But they sure took my $200.

You went to pending / research then. Use n/a for model or did you make a new one?

Comment

I dont think so or it would be a form 4 instead of a form 1. When you submit the form 1 they know you are somehow making it at home. Whether you order a kit and just drill it or you are a machinist and make your own parts. I would have to look at mine again in order to tell you exactly what I put on mine and what is required.

Comment

You are the manufacturer on a Form 1.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                                If you looked on your phone it won’t show up. They send you an email with a cover letter and instructions on sending pics and prints. Pull the email up on your desktop. It’ll show up. FYI this is time sensitive. 10 days I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X