Fort Lauderdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Lauderdale

We are going to take advantage of the cheap flights and take our kids there for spring break. I’d like to chase some peacock bass and clownfish as well as a near or offshore trip. Anyone have any recommendations for guides? I saw in a couple other threads that recommended going to the marina but not as much info on a freshwater guide. Also any restaurant must eats. Thanks in advance

Ttt

Comment

These guys are awesome and will put you on fish. I caught a really nice bull Mahi Mahi with them from a kayak on one of their offshore trips a couple years back. They're on instagram too if you want to see what their success has been like lately. They've been catching sailfish, and wahoo pretty regularly here lately. Also Eric is an awesome photographer, one of my pictures actually mase it into the inside cover of kayak fishing magazine. Don't worry if you have zero experience in a kayak they only use Hobies and boy are those things stable!! Check them out you will not be disappointed! As far as food goes can't go wrong with Shooters look them up and make sure your hungry when you check them out. Also a day trip to the keys was awesome, we hit Robbie's and hand fed the resident tarpon then had an amazing dinner get the conch fritters, trust me! If you make it all the way down to Key West there's a snorkel outfit called Fury they're awesome because after you snorkel you can drink your face off on the way back to dock, Yeungling beer and margaritas. Ugh I want to go back!
      Last edited by arrowsmack324; 01-28-2021, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks I checked them out ig and looks like they do fresh and salt just not sure if it’s the best option for three kids. I’ll probably contact them and see what they think.
        Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
          Thanks I checked them out ig and looks like they do fresh and salt just not sure if it’s the best option for three kids. I’ll probably contact them and see what they think.
          Thanks again
          They can handle it I promise, what ages are your kids? There was a pair of teenage kids taken out by the other guide, when I went. I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
            They can handle it I promise, what ages are your kids? There was a pair of teenage kids taken out by the other guide, when I went. I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction.
            My twin girls are 11 and boy is 13. Going to see war they think.

Comment

Up

Comment

I am going in May. Looking for the same. $108 round trip per person, lol. Good luck

Comment

Not sure about the peacocks, but we went with Topshotfishingcharters.com a couple years back. My boys (twins) were 8 and we caught a bunch of kings, bonito, wahoo, and couple black fin.
                  Captain and deck hand catered to Mama and the boys. We had a great time.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                    I am going in May. Looking for the same. $108 round trip per person, lol. Good luck
                    We have a trip booked with sflfishingcharers for peacocks and clown fish. I looked into the kayaking but it was more than I wanted to post for a group of 5. Still doing some searching for a near shore trip.

Comment

Working...
                    X