No announcement yet.

Anybody bought a Tacoma lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not a good time for sure. Most of the used Tacoma's that I've looked at are too close to the price of a new one. Agree the ride is not the best. I'm trying to decide Tacoma or Tundra. Thanks for the input txtrophy85, I will be making a trip there for sure in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

My dad is about to sell a 2011 Tacoma (4WD) with only 9,000 miles on it. Mint condition. He bought it brand new and wrapped it in a vinyl camo wrap (paint is white from factory), and then parked it in our barn at the ranch. It would get driven maybe once a month when we corned roads lol It is honestly a brand new vehicle. He sold the ranch last month and went to get the truck inspected yesterday, because he has been driving it around town lately...said all 5 guys at Christensen Brothers tried to buy it on the spot.
      If anyone is interested, DM me, and I can text some pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
        My dad is about to sell a 2011 Tacoma (4WD) with only 9,000 miles on it. Mint condition. He bought it brand new and wrapped it in a vinyl camo wrap (paint is white from factory), and then parked it in our barn at the ranch. It would get driven maybe once a month when we corned roads lol It is honestly a brand new vehicle. He sold the ranch last month and went to get the truck inspected yesterday, because he has been driving it around town lately...said all 5 guys at Christensen Brothers tried to buy it on the spot.
        If anyone is interested, DM me, and I can text some pics?
        Dang that's a unicorn right there.

Comment

Daddy D your pm box will be full soon I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Right now would be the absolute worst time to buy a new vehicle.

You're smarter than that Bobby
            It would also be the absolute worst time for my wife and daughter to break down on i-45 in a piece of shiite car that has five warning lights going off most times. Repairs cost more than the car's worth. Peace of mind is invaluable

Comment

I would check out the new nissan before the taco & I own a taco.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                It would also be the absolute worst time for my wife and daughter to break down on i-45 in a piece of shiite car that has five warning lights going off most times. Repairs cost more than the car's worth. Peace of mind is invaluable
                So true!

Comment

Originally posted by huntingarcher View Post
                  So true!
                  Even more so with me being in Houston most of the time until January and them living in Centerville

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    I would check out the new nissan before the taco & I own a taco.
                    The new Nissan Frontier Pro-4X (4wd) and the Pro-X (2wd) both are great looking trucks and much more available for a better price. I've owned both before and both were good trucks and probably the only two mid size trucks I would consider if I were in the market.

Comment

I've been "tracking" used trucks on Carmax, Texas Direct and Carvana for several months and have noticed there are more available, at slightly lower prices in the last few weeks.

Maybe it is easing some....

Comment

This : Originally Posted by Chew View Post
                        It would also be the absolute worst time for my wife and daughter to break down on i-45 in a piece of shiite car that has five warning lights going off most times. Repairs cost more than the car's worth. Peace of mind is invaluable.

and this:
                        Even more so with me being in Houston

I worry about my daughter driving around there all the time. Always tell her to keep her head on a swivel, too much going on. All I get back is dad, really

Comment

Hey Bobby, I bought a 2010 v-6 4 door taco in Sept. of last year. One owner with 100,000 miles on it, garage kept with running boards and bed cover. I looked for about 6 months on the app Cargurus. They will go fast. They list all over, from small lots on airline to dealerships. It lets you know if any wrecks have been reported, how many owners and such for free without having to look for it. My truck came from the Land Rover dealership at 1960 and 45. The truck was listed on the app, but know pics yet. Just took it in on a trade. It showed one owner, and stated mileage. I left work immediately for the 30 minute ride to the dealership, and they had 8 calls on it by the time I got there. and Thanks again to Shane for the rims.

Comment

DaddyD, you have a pm

Comment

There’s plenty of reliable autos out there that WON’T put you $50k PLUS in hock.

New trucks are nice, but they’re not new for long.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

Working...
                              X