Who has built a tree house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has built a tree house?

I'm handy, but building a structure around a non-conforming tree seems like a real challenge. Fortunately I have several large groups of live oaks to work with, but any sites or guidance would be helpful. Thanks yall!

I have no advice on your tree house plans. However, this is the first time I've seen anything regarding sawing off Reveille's legs and I am triggered.

Comment

I built this for my kiddos several years ago. It's still standing and being used today.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
        I built this for my kiddos several years ago. It's still standing and being used today.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ad.php?t=67976
        That's really nice Salt. OP, if you go to the DIY forum you should be able to find some other ideas as well. I remember seeing a couple really nice ones there. I am not quite that handy and brave. Getting there little by little (a little too late) but their are some guys on here with some serious skills.

Comment

Following. My grandkids are bugging me to build them one.

Comment

built my own when i was kid out of old pallets and scrap wood. Had lots of fun in that old "club house". It was pretty sketchy. Following to see what you come up with.

Comment

Me and the kids are going to scout out trees for the build tomorrow. Maybe I’ll start a thread to document the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Howdy View Post
                I have no advice on your tree house plans. However, this is the first time I've seen anything regarding sawing off Reveille's legs and I am triggered.

Haha! I’m not a hardcore longhorn fan, just thought it was funny because I have Aggie friends who take it way too seriously and I like to poke fun at that kind of stuff. These days, I’m encouraging my kids to go to A&M over UT all day long.

Comment

I built this one for my son. Posted it in the diy forum. We are thinking about moving now, and he wants to take it with us. I dont know if i want to attempt moving it though, it will probably be staying here.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Allpublic View Post
                    I built this one for my son. Posted it in the diy forum. We are thinking about moving now, and he wants to take it with us. I dont know if i want to attempt moving it though, it will probably be staying here.

That’s impressive

Comment

i built an 8x8 kid sized "fort" in the back yard for my gkids. It was useless when they outgrew it. I wish i had not built it kid sized so i could have used it for storage when they outgrew it

Comment

Not sure what kind of overkill you’re into but I’ve always wanted to put one up in trees where the trees grow and possibly move a little in storms.

I think floating brackets are the key.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                          That’s impressive

X2, very nice work.

Comment

Working...
                          X