Pigeon Toed Assassin - “Deleted one”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigeon Toed Assassin - “Deleted one”

That’s a wrap…. Deer season is gone. Been an aweful grind with tons on challenges, but I’m proud of her for putting in all the time on stand she could and making some great choices on her own to pass. She took a huge doe opening day of youth season, and had an encounter with a great 8 early season that just managed to make all the right moves. It went ghost town after that. The stupid amount of pressure surrounding every place I got was getting worse and pigs had moved in at an all time high. (Since that good weekend early November I think I saw 7 deer rest of the season and she saw 3-4). Though to get a kid excited about that…

Friday school was out due to Kung flu so we snuck in that morning and seen the smallest spike in history. Lol he fed around for about and hour and left, Lola wasn’t feeling too good, so we went in a hair after 9. Back in that evening with the most perfect conditions imaginable… skunked. And I can tell she’s sick. My wife was down too with I’m sure was the Optimus prime variant (4 clinics denied due to overwhelmed).

Saturday was a windy nightmare and she was barking coughing all day

Sunday, feeling better and after some rest wanted to go one more time! Coughing was all but gone and no fever

Up the tree a hair before 4 and started glassing the thicker stuff. Wasn’t long and the silence was broke! There was either a herd of buffaloes in the woods…..or…. Possibly pigs. Happened this one time to be pigs! She grabbed her ear muffs off the magazine and shouldered the Grendel. After awhile of ring around the Rosie the lead sow offered the shot at 60yards….. BOOOMMMM! Pigs scattered like democrats seeing a job application. Lola said -“ I deleted that one!”

Seen the herd of babies I. A wad run back through alone, so I figured she was toast. But we waited and watched the video. Got the whole ordeal captured (I ain’t near smart enough to post that). Climbed down and said “let’s see what ya got, go find it”. There was no shortage of blood! And down the trails she went. After 60-75 yards of tracking she turned and said “I smell a pig”. In the video I can see it 15 yards ahead in the pine needles but stay quiet. She finished the track 100% herself and finished the season with the only 2 private land kills of the year, after feeding a semesters tuition worth of feed.

Perfect heart shot! Proud of her
    Attached Files

Heck yeah! Congratulations

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats.

-john

Comment

You are raising her right Kyle

Comment

Great story

Comment

Big congrats to the young hunter. She did good. I enjoy seeing hunting threads like this one. Well done….

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats to her

Comment

Attagairl Lola! great shot and tracking job.

Comment

Great recap, congrats to the young killer.

Rwc

Comment

Kongrats.....well done!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet! Hope the family turns up all healthy soon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats...love seeing the kids in their element outdoors!

Comment

Congrats to you and Lola. Great job dad.

Comment

Great story. Congrats to Lola!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Waydago little lady

Comment

Working...
                              X