Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alien77721 View Post
    Around $5k
    I have a Gravely HD 44" (commercial grade) that I will be selling soon. It's a 2018 model with ~80 hours on it. PM for details if you are interested. I cut ~1.5 acres with it, all Bermuda grass, in around 40 minutes. That usually includes 5 minutes of picking up kids toys and moving swings out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by alien77721 View Post
      Around $5k
      A good zero turn will be at least twice that. Commercial mowers are the way to go

Comment

You still around the Edna area ? If you only plan to mow 3 to 4 acresi would go with a 54 to 60 cut zero turn .

Comment

60 inch toro timemaster with the kawasaki cost me 4k great mower 1/3 price commercial i mow 4 acres

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
            mine has been fantastic ,, and my yard is very rough... zero issues with the mower... bought mine after watching my son in law use his for several years
            Same, I've put my 60in raptor SDX through the paces and haven't had any issue aside from a flat tire or two from cactus and mesquite. Have about 120 hours on it

Comment

I bought a Toro 5 years ago from Home Depot. It was a good mower, but had suspension issues on my 2.5 acres. Replaced it with a Scag this year and couldn’t be happier!

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                mine has been fantastic ,, and my yard is very rough... zero issues with the mower... bought mine after watching my son in law use his for several years
                My brother and I both bought one because a buddy of mine had one and really liked it with no problems. My brother and I have had nothing but problems with stuff breaking within less than year old. Place I bought it from has made it right when it breaks and haven’t had problems in while now. My brother finally traded his in on a Gravely. I guess it’s hit or miss.

Comment

I bought a 54” cub cadet zero turn from tractor supply for about $3600. Been pretty happy with it. I also have a 30 horse tractor with finish mower and Front end loader. I mow 2 acres out of 12. In hindsight I would skip the finish mower purchase and just buy a zero turn.

Comment

I've owned bad boy, gravely, Kubota and Ferris. Ferris is the best mower I've ever owned by a long shot with gravely a distant second. Go get yourself a 20hp 60" ferris with suspension.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by JBJTX81; 12-22-2021, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                      I've own bad boy, gravely, Kubota and Ferris. Ferris is the best mower I've ever owned by a long shot with gravely a distant second. Go get yourself a 20hp 60" ferris with suspension.

X2. I've had a Ferris for 3 years. Solid mower with suspension.

Comment

Scat, commercial. Nothing tougher, or sexier if I’m being honest!

Comment

Buy once cry once on a mower. Get a commercial unit. We have 14 kubota zd1211s. We have ran every mower made and the kubota fit our business better than any others. They are tough as tanks and they get beat up. We now large commercial properties majority of the time. With that being said there are other options that are great but the kubotas have held up better than any other brands. This was not always the case. The older kubotas were good but after about 2k hours things began to get slack in them and they were a pain to run. I have some zd units with 2800 hours that are almost as tight in the steering as the new ones.

Comment

Buy some livestock, if you are allowed to. It is a shame to waste all that gas and grass when you can do something productive with it.

Comment

Buy a commercial grade Ferris with independent suspension and the air ride seat... Thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                                I've owned bad boy, gravely, Kubota and Ferris. Ferris is the best mower I've ever owned by a long shot with gravely a distant second. Go get yourself a 20hp 60" ferris with suspension.

My Ferris is a bad MoFo.. I mow a 2 acre lot and my 4 acre home place with it and it is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X