Dash Cameras for Fleet Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash Cameras for Fleet Vehicles

Wanted to see if anyone here has recommendations for a dash camera that records both inside the truck and outside towards the road. Thanks in advance!

I use a company called SAMSARA for our ELD's and front and rear facing cameras. The cameras have worked well, although you probably do not want to see what your drivers are doing.

Comment

second for SAMSARA. Our guys hated at first, but haven't had as many issues since we put them in. The computer program itself is pretty neat, as far as being able to pull real-time gps, vids.

Comment

Just my opinion. There’s a reason we don’t have have dash cams on our 150 fleet trucks. They can be a double edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          Just my opinion. There’s a reason we don’t have have dash cams on our 150 fleet trucks. They can be a double edged sword.
          That is one of my concerns... if we have the cameras my guess is the courts could subpoena the records for them if we do have an accident and the evidence is not favorable for us.

Comment

our entire fleet is Lytx pretty remarkable Lots of bells and whistles. HD view inside and out.

Comment

I use GPS of Texas for my fleet. They are great.

Comment

Originally posted by OTL91 View Post
                That is one of my concerns... if we have the cameras my guess is the courts could subpoena the records for them if we do have an accident and the evidence is not favorable for us.
                It only takes being exonerated from one fatality accident to realize how important they can be, BUT you have to stay on your drivers to do the right thing or it will get you in trouble.

Comment

We use Verizon Reveal and are happy with it. I have heard good about all the others as well. I prefer having cameras because they have defended us on the positive side since we started using them.

Comment

We have Samsara on our fleet. About 400 vehicles. Cameras work ok. They work in our/drivers favor more often than not.

DJ

Comment

We use Samsara as well. It has been helpful in several instances where one of my vehicles was involved in an incident. Cameras record video as well as audio. You can monitor vehicles travel as well as idle time, speed, and other infractions that can be set up.

Comment

I like the email alerts setup. Helpful for sure.

Comment

I work for Netradyne and we have the best video based safety solution on the market.
                          If you are interested, I have two associates in Texas I can put you in touch with.
                          We take a very positive approach to driver coaching, using a carrot versus the stick.
                          With all the negligent entrustment lawsuits and nuclear verdicts going on today, anybody with a fleet of vehicles who really is focused on safety and driver retention should have cameras in their vehicles.
                          Elevate fleet safety with Driver•i AI Fleet Camera System. Reduce incidents, improve compliance, and optimize driving performance. Request demo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
                            our entire fleet is Lytx pretty remarkable Lots of bells and whistles. HD view inside and out.
                            If I remember right, this is what is going into our trucks this next month.

Comment

We use the Netradyne in our big trucks and all vehicles. Great tool for monitoring and changing driving behavior. Get real time alerts and video.

Comment

Working...
                              X