James Daughtrey WMA Alligator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Daughtrey WMA Alligator

Just bought my permit, just seeing if anyone else on here got drawn or has been drawn in the past and is willing to give some helpful info. Any insight is appreciated going in blind as this is my first alligator hunt.

There are some tremendously large lizards in that lake.

Like, we gonna need a bigger boat, Jaws large.

Good luck and don’t get eaten.

Comment

Try a whole hog! Be different, think BIG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! I put in for 3 Gator hunts this year just to get points. 2 in the youth category for my kids and one in the general category. Didn't draw any.

Was glad not to since we don't have a boat currently. I will have one at some point which is why I'm buying points. Lol

Comment

Yep looking forward to it, this is the first time I have ever been drawn for any hunts and this is my 8th year applying I think

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            There are some tremendously large lizards in that lake.

Like, we gonna need a bigger boat, Jaws large.

Good luck and don’t get eaten.
            This. If you have a boat or access to one with any sort of longtail, beavertail, mud motor it would be a wise choice to use. The brush in the lake comes so far out into the water that more often than not the bank line is 30-50 yards back in the brush and it so thick you can't see through it. If they allow you to shoot at free swimming gator it would greatly up the odds of getting one of them dinosaurs in that lake.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
              If they allow you to shoot at free swimming gator it would greatly up the odds of getting one of them dinosaurs in that lake.
              They don't...

Comment

No very strict as well with shotguns only. No pistol or rifles

Comment

I think the biggest gators in the state reside in that puddle. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    I think the biggest gators in the state reside in that puddle. Good luck.

I think the WMA has a 59” gator skull in the office. I believe the largest recorded is 61”

If I recall correctly, it was found by a duck hunter and wardens confiscated it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X